What are you eating Saturday January 22, 2022?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Oven BBQ ribs (house blend BBQ rub and SBR sauce), baked BBQ beans and corn bread.

ribs_012222_IMG_9183.jpg

You guys make me hungry every night.

I made Pad Thai from scratch for my first time using the 2022 ATK cookbook recipe. Well, it’s largely from scratch. I didn’t make the noodles.

It was a big hit! It was served with lime wedges and sambal oelek for a little finishing kick. I will definitely be making this again.

Had to look up "SBR sauce", msm. - It's Sweet Baby Ray's, in case I'm not the only one wondering...

Speaking of wondering, lucky hasn't posted in a week. I hope everything is okay.

We had potato and cheese soup. We have the good longhorn Colby from Amish country. Topped the soup with finely minced onion and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Generous grind of black pepper, too. Warm to the core.

Now you're making me hungry, bucky! I love that stuff! I keep a small jar of salted radishes in the fridge, just for that (there are a few other things it goes in, but that's mostly what I have it for).

I had a sandwich with that rye bread I just baked, plus some braunschweiger, plus some onion and mustard. And a small salad with some of those greens from the hydroponics.

That's funny, pepp. I think I will too. Right alongside the homemade preserved lemons, homemade hot harissa, containers of bacon grease, lamb fat, and so on.

I have a little, skinny shelf in the fridge that my family calls " my weird stuff" shelf.

Btw, Braunschweiger and onion on rye is a classic!

Are the greens from an Aerogrow sort of thing? Or are we talking a big, legal hydro setup, like I might come visit you soon?

bucky, the greens and herbs are just in some deepwater tubs I have, with lights over them. I've got to do some serious trimming again, as some things are overgrown - that cutting celery is unbelievable, and I can't keep it under control!

Damn, well, yes. Celery is good.

Ants on a log, and ya kain't make da trinity wit-out da celery.

Sorry, I love a Nawlin's accent.

What were we talking about?

Grilled steelhead fillet's on the pellet smoker, Caesar's Salad with fresh grated Parmigiana, and croutons, lemonade with blood orange sections blended in. The steelhead was cooked perfectly, butt could have used a crispy skin. The rest of the family enjoyed lightly baked asparagus sprinkle with parmigiana. Now, if only i could eat some grapefruit, or fresh mango.:(

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Had to look up "SBR sauce", msm. - It's Sweet Baby Ray's, in case I'm not the only one wondering...

Speaking of wondering, lucky hasn't posted in a week. I hope everything is okay.

We had potato and cheese soup. We have the good longhorn Colby from Amish country. Topped the soup with finely minced onion and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Generous grind of black pepper, too. Warm to the core.

LT's last "Today's Funny" post was 1-12-22. Hope he is OK.

As for dinner, I had been told of a Chinese Restaurant which had really good chow mein w/ crispy noodles. It didn't. :(

Ross

YUP! Hickory and brown sugar this time.

Grilled steelhead fillet's on the pellet smoker, Caesar's Salad with fresh grated Parmigiana, and croutons, lemonade with blood orange sections blended in. The steelhead was cooked perfectly, butt could have used a crispy skin. The rest of the family enjoyed lightly baked asparagus sprinkle with parmigiana. Now, if only i could eat some grapefruit, or fresh mango.:(

Oh man, smoked steelhead? Did you catch it yourself? I'm not sure where it's native to.

I loved all kinds of smoked fish, especially trout, salmon, and whitefish.

Why no mango? Grapefruit can mess with certain types of drugs, but does mango also?

I was fixin' to make my mango salsa tonight to go on some grilled chicken.

Well, since it's still Saturday to me having just gotten home from work from last night, here's my dinner/breakfast before I sleep and wake up on Sunday afternoon. Tuna salad (onion, celery, mayo, chunk light tuna - the cheap stuff tatstes better, but you really have to press the water out. My cats get a treat with the tuna juice) on a jalapeno bagel. Nothing beats a NYC bagel.

Attachments

• 0123221244c.jpg
    0123221244c.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 33
BT, Saturday is bagel day for me too. I make onion bagels and have one every Saturday (and sometimes Wednesday) with cream cheese and smoked salmon.

I see I'm not the only who considers this soup (and stew) weather.

We had clam chowder. The first time I bought clams, a few years ago, they didn't smell nice. I'm really glad I found a source of good, jarred clams. These smell delicious when I open the jar. They are bar clams from Nova Scotia.

Clam chowder.jpg Clam chowder and toppings.jpg

Now you're making me hungry, bucky! I love that stuff! I keep a small jar of salted radishes in the fridge, just for that (there are a few other things it goes in, but that's mostly what I have it for).

I had a sandwich with that rye bread I just baked, plus some braunschweiger, plus some onion and mustard. And a small salad with some of those greens from the hydroponics.

Hey; that's one of my favorites, especially when the bread is toasted. It may be in the breath-killer category, but is delicious.:yum:.

Oh man, smoked steelhead? Did you catch it yourself? I'm not sure where it's native to.

I loved all kinds of smoked fish, especially trout, salmon, and whitefish.

Why no mango? Grapefruit can mess with certain types of drugs, but does mango also?

I was fixin' to make my mango salsa tonight to go on some grilled chicken.

Well, since it's still Saturday to me having just gotten home from work from last night, here's my dinner/breakfast before I sleep and wake up on Sunday afternoon. Tuna salad (onion, celery, mayo, chunk light tuna - the cheap stuff tatstes better, but you really have to press the water out. My cats get a treat with the tuna juice) on a jalapeno bagel. Nothing beats a NYC bagel.

Mango is high in potassium, a no no for my diet.
Used to love mango, and citrus fruits. The only citrus
I'm allowed is lemon, and lime.

I used to catch steelhead near where I lived in Michigan. Now, I have to get the fillets from the grocers in Montana. Steelies are very acrobatic, and great fighters, as well as delectable.

Back
Top Bottom