What are you eating Saturday June 29, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
No sure what lunch or dinner will be but breakfast was Eggo Brown sugar & cinnamon Belgian waffle topped with butter, fresh strawberries, syrup and a light sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.

belgian_waffles_strawberries_062919_IMG_5950.JPG

June 29
http://youtu.be/Np_66D-KrK8

Last edited:
Based upon the weather forecast, I was expecting an inside cook. I seasoned some bone-in skin on chicken thighs early this afternoon with Cavenders Greek seasoning, as it's pretty salty. I made some bacon and mushroom wild rice blend in the Zoji, and prepped some broc. Weather was looking pretty good, so I fired up the charcoal Weber. Chicken thighs turned out great, and we have a beautiful blue sky as I'm writing this. So much for believing weather forecasts, at least here in New England.

Veg/rice mix with spicy beans on top.

Our young tart cherry tree gave us 200 of the smallest cherries. I pitted them and made a sauce for nice-cream (blueberry banana, and watermelon banana), and it made 1 cup of tart cherry sauce. Can't wait.

Based upon the weather forecast, I was expecting an inside cook. I seasoned some bone-in skin on chicken thighs early this afternoon with Cavenders Greek seasoning, as it's pretty salty. I made some bacon and mushroom wild rice blend in the Zoji, and prepped some broc. Weather was looking pretty good, so I fired up the charcoal Weber. Chicken thighs turned out great, and we have a beautiful blue sky as I'm writing this. So much for believing weather forecasts, at least here in New England.

Sounds good. You an buy Cavanders in a salt free version.

I changed today's dinner to tomorrow, due to weather (I didn't get hit bad, but my friends got hammered in their area, so they stayed home!). So I just ate leftovers, and a smoothie, but I HAD to try those brownies, so I cut them all up, and froze them, keeping two out. They were delicious, but not quite as good as the Palm Beach Brownies, from Maida Heatter's chocolate book, but close to it. They were very gooey, like those, due to all the butter, and better refrigerated, and will probably be good frozen! But I'll wait 'til tomorrow, to find out.

I had a piece of TJ's smoked cheese and several saltines for lunch.
Dinner was a salad & hot dogs, onions and tomato over small shells.

hot_dogs_tomato_onion_011619_IMG_5298.jpg

File photo

Chicken thighs on the kettle sounds great!

It was HOT here, and we had a pop-up thunderstorm. So, pasta with EVOO, garlic and my first cayenne peppers of the season for dinner tonight.

CD

My first cayenne peppers were kinda' like my other hot peppers. But, only halfway. The bottom half had no heat, and not much flavor. The top half had decent heat, and good flavor. Two months from now, they are going to make my head explode. I did have enough half peppers to make a good meal. Hot peppers and pasta are a good combination. The pasta is a good balance for the heat of the peppers.

CD

My first cayenne peppers were kinda' like my other hot peppers. But, only halfway. The bottom half had no heat, and not much flavor. The top half had decent heat, and good flavor. Two months from now, they are going to make my head explode. I did have enough half peppers to make a good meal. Hot peppers and pasta are a good combination. The pasta is a good balance for the heat of the peppers.

CD
Hot peppers and anything are a good combination.:LOL:

Last Night's Pulled Pork in a K.C.-style BBQ Sauce, Chopped Collards w/ Bacon Ends, Leftie Carrots and a Corn & Black Bean Salad w/ chopped Tomato...

Pulled Pork over Rice.jpg

Smoked two St Louis style racks of ribs. Took longer than I expected. Started at 1pm. Didn’t eat until 830. Despite my username, I’m a novice at using my smoker, a Weber Smoky Mountain. This was my second time using the smoker.

We also had sweet potato chips with salt, pepper, rosemary and roasted kale. These were done on my gas grill.

rw4AYFY.jpg

Even though I do have central AC, I like to do my cooking outside during the summer to keep the house cooler.

For dessert, we finished off my daughter’s snowman macaroons. She and her friend made these all by themselves. Cute and very tasty. Both of my girls (19 & 16) like to cook. The only issue is the cleanup. Usually have to get on their case to cleanup right away and well.

I don't know why, but I didn't get around to supper until way late, so I heated up a can of chili and had that with a grilled cheese sandwich with watermelon for dessert.

I have come down with a lurgy. Stirling is getting over what is probably the same lurgy. We ordered Thai food, extra hot, to try and to kick this lurgy. We had tom yum soup with beef and no tomato and pad see ew with chicken. It was really good. It feels like it helped.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom