What are you eating Saturday March 28, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
DD has a fever :mellow:

We had mac and cheese with frozen peas and tuna added for dinner.

Breakfast for dinner..

Loaded egg scramble topped with avocado and sour cream.. Served with buttered toast..

We will have cookies and milk while watching Netflix later..

Ross

SO requested burgers on the grill. It's a nice day so that's what's for dinner. I'll cook up some TaterTots to go with the burgers.

Gonna have something called Ruth's Hash, which is a casserole I made many, many years ago and was craving. What it amounts to is grated onion, grated potatoes, cooked beef, salt and pepper. Add some milk and dot with butter. Bake, covered, at 350F for about 50 minutes. Our side will be Milan-style celery. No dessert tonight.

Pork & Peppers...
Pork loin Chop, Roasted Bell Peppers, Red Beans & Rice, Veggie Medley ...SoS...

Pork & Peppers.jpg

I'm making frikadeller.

I made up the frikadelle meat last night. It needs to hydrate the flour for a while and I knew I wouldn't likely have enough spoons to both make up the mix and make supper tonight.

Danish meal, so potatoes are de riguer and pickled beets are a common accompaniment. I also made a salad of "leaves and onion" - sorrel, mustard greens, Boston lettuce, and oakleaf lettuce, as well as some thinly sliced red onion. I made a large batch of vinaigrette a couple of weeks ago and there was still enough for tonight's salad.

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_193333.jpg
    IMG_20200328_193333.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 102
Cheese Ravioli with Baby Back Ribs, Meatballs, and Sausage

Cheese Ravioli with Baby Back Ribs, Meatballs, and Sausage

1st time putting bb ribs into spaghetti sauce. with the fat that rendered did not need any olive oil. great taste!

Attachments

• IMG_7499.jpg
    IMG_7499.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_7497.jpg
    IMG_7497.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_7496.jpg
    IMG_7496.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7495.jpg
    IMG_7495.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 101
One of our Saturday staples - with a twist. Roasted potatoes and onions, with sliced zucchini and yellow squash in them. Sausage links, eggs & cheese, and salads.

Made a soup which actually came out more like a stew. Another good recipe from Seasons and Suppers blog.

An easy-ribollita-soup/ was just the base start for mine.

Had to make many substitutions due to availability but delish non-the-less.

Late to to party, again.

Last night, DH made "Beef Curry with Green Beans and Cilantro". The recipe has been around since the April 1986 edition of Bon Appetit. We both liked it but not crazy about it. We both really liked the fresh green beans for a change over frozen. I think if we had fresh cilantro instead of using dry, that would have made it a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom