What are you eating Saturday November 9, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Cut up hot dogs & onion added to doctored baked beans.

hot_dogs_beans_110919_IMG_6423.jpg

Last edited:
I've been working on yeasted puff pastry dough for the last 3 days.

The top right are 3 of the pigs in blankets I made. The largest 1 is before I realized I needed to roll the dough thinner. There was our homemade mustard and a slice of colby cheese, besides the all beef hot dog inside. Side was coleslaw.

Top left pain au chocolate logs, 4. The bottom is, obviously, small croissaints.

Attachments

• 2019-11-09 18.51.43.jpg
    2019-11-09 18.51.43.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 127
I tried and tried to motivate myself to cook. I managed to cook a large pot of brown basmati rice to go with the Indian food we ordered. Oh, yeah that was delicious. It really hit the spot. One of the dishes was just called "beef curry". It was really good and just the kind of flavours I wanted. I have sent the resto a private message on Facebook asking if there is any tomato in that. I have been eating more and more nightshades without aggravating my arthritis. I have been taking a curcumin supplement for a while now and that seems to be taking care of it.

2 sous vide NY strip steaks browned in a CI skillet, baked potato and glazed carrots with a glass of wine.

Turnip Greens

Been grazing on healthy stuff all day without any cooking to speak of. Finally made a pot of greens with lots of garlic and a little andouille sausage. Actually didn't really eat enough calories today so added some Middle Eastern kefir cheese the Mediterranean Grocer turned me on to. Its sorta like Greek yogurt, sour cream, or cream cheese, but I like it better than any of those.
IMG_20191109_195625671.jpg
11-9-19 dinner kcal.jpg
Greens, Garlic and Andouille ingred.jpg

I made an Italian style, one dish meal, to use up a bunch of garlic I had leftover from planting, and a bunch of basil I had to trim. I used up the last of the dried cannellini and red kidney beans from my pantry - 14 oz dry - and I rehydrated the equivalent of about 1 1/4 lbs of eggplant, cooked 18 oz of Italian sausage, and only put half pound of pasta in the dish. I also put in about 3 cups of chopped up greens, for some more veggies in it. Served it with some grated pecorino. It made a LOT! Here's what was left in the IP, after 2 of us filled up on it.
Am Italian type pasta dish, with eggplant, cannellini and red kidney beans, and a LOT of garlic and basil. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Roasted potatoes & sweet vidalia onions, maple sausage links, scrambled eggs with a 3 cheese blend, and a sliced cucumber. Mom had the same, except for a sliced tomato instead of a sliced cucumber.

DW drives me crazy, I made slow, oven roasted spare ribs yesterday. As she won't eat anything with chili powder, or pepper, I seasoned the ribs with salt, garlic, and onion. I roasted the ribs in a tightly sealed pan at 200 degrees F. for 5 hours. The meat came out super tender, but not falling off the bone, just the way I like it. Again, because DW dowsn't like my hom made BBq suce, that eveyone else loves and requests, and just she and I were eating the ribs, I put Sweet Baby Ray's on the ribs and put them back into the oven to let th sace set up. She said I scorced the sauce, and refused to eat the ribs. I could have made a proper dry rub, and proper bbq sauce and had amazing ribs. But trying to make ribs she could enjoy, Ikept it to her tasts. She informed me that she doesn't care for ribs as there is just too much work to get the little meat off of the bones anyway. These ribs were very meaty, and were super easy to eat. Well, I have left over's for tonight's dinner. As far as I'm concerned, it's her lost. She is way to picky an eater. I'll have ribs, and some of the home made bread I made yesterday, along with maybe some hominy, seasoned with garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Sounds good to me. Desert with be an ice-cold fresh pair, with cranberry/raspbery juic for my beverage. She'll have a can of pea soup. Again, her loss.

Oh, and I'm jealous. That doctored pork and beans with hot dogs, that used to be a favorite.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom