What are you eating Sunday 11/19/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight's meal plan is beef and broccoli stir fry and jasmine rice.

whats_on_your_plate.jpg

I am attempting a Peking Duck. I marinated it last night and then hung it in the garage refrigerator with a fan on it...It is hovering around 0 degrees Celsius here so it is perfect temp to be out there..will roast it later today and also make a Cantonese chow mien and some greens to go with it. Oh, yeah, I also have a piece of pork tenderloin in the fridge that has been marinating since yesterday morning. I should get the grill going and cook it up for char siu...
Here's poor Donald hanging around in the garage..

Attachments

• 23782039_10154946968727401_1297594566_n.jpg
    23782039_10154946968727401_1297594566_n.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 136
The Turkey fairy is coming early to Chez Dawg. Since it's just the two of us, I figured why not have it today. Plus the breast thawed faster in the fridge than I thought it would. Bird breast now in the Nesco. Made most of the sides yesterday. Managed to get a bit heavy-handed with the stock, so I've got the dressing drying out on a sheet pan in the oven.

I recently found a cookbook I forgot I had - Skillet Suppers from the TV show Cook's Country. I'm making a recipe from it called Chicken Vesuvio: boneless, skinless chicken breasts browned and simmered in chicken stock, wine, and herbs, with red potatoes and peas. Greek salad on the side.

Home fried potatoes and some carrots seasoned with an outstanding balsamic vinegar I picked up at a new herb/spice/oil/vinegar shop that just opened up in town. Haven't done my research as to what else I will season the carrots with....any suggestions?...maple syrup, orange juice?....

Thawed the remaining chicken thighs and dressing from last week..
Added chicken broth and have it all warming in a slow oven. Side is sliced tomatoes and avocado with a drizzle of balsamic over them..

Coconut cream pie for later..

Ross

Home fried potatoes and some carrots seasoned with an outstanding balsamic vinegar I picked up at a new herb/spice/oil/vinegar shop that just opened up in town. Haven't done my research as to what else I will season the carrots with....any suggestions?...maple syrup, orange juice?....
just reduce your balsamic vinegar and that should be exquisite...:chef:

Going to grill some cajun seasoned country-style pork ribs and make sides of mashed potatoes and a veggie.

Broccoli and bacon quiche, because you know, Bacon. A sliced baked sweet potato and a spoonful of homemade cranberry sauce on the side, because you know, anticipation.

I've got a chunky chicken and sausage soup simmering in a cast iron Dutch oven. The sausage is pork and Bambi, and the chicken is grilled chicken thighs.

If it looks good, I'll snap a photo. Maybe. Who knows. ;)

CD

Three kinds of quesadillas, chorizo and chicken, both with bell peppers and onions, and corn. Craig made guacamole, his special tomato salsa, and a mango salsa.

Tuna melts for me, AndyM's specialty of Gianni Marzetti (aka American chop suey or goulash) for Mrs. T. and grandson. At 2:00 this morning second grandchild announced that she is about to break out of her cell. Mrs. T took daughter to the hospital this morning, and this afternoon traded places with SIL watching the grandson so SIL could go to the hospital. I made a batch of Gianni Marzetti so the kids would have nukable food in the fridge, and then helped keeping up with the Energizer Bunny this afternoon. Just turned 2 years old but doesn't do anything but run.

Eggplant parmigiana with fettuccine covered in grandma's sauce, garlic sourdough toast, and a 2014 Cantina Zaccagnini Montepulciano d'Abruzzo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom