What are you eating Sunday 2/10/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything sounds and looks wonderful gang!

Roch, some day I'd like to sit down at your dinner table!

Andy, it sounds you've got things under control.

Sunday Supper in the middle of the desert:

001.jpg

002.jpg

Handmade Fettuccine made with Semolina Flour
(so much better than say AP btw)
My version of Chicken Cacciatore with a cheat of using Trader Joe's Marinara rather than making my own
** hint:it tastes the same, cost less and I'm not in the kitchen all day ;)
Finish off each plate with a drizzle of good Olive Oil :yum:
and grated Grana Padano cheese
We've got enough leftover for lunch tomorrow :clap:

Disaster, Rock? That's better than I could do if I had everything at my disposal working properly.

And K-girl, that looks fantastic, as usual.

Andy, I think that's a trait we almost all share here: enjoying cooking for our loved ones.

taxy, I bought a few cans of Habitant pea soup last year when we were up on Lake Champlain. Good stuff.

Tonight was dinner courtesy of the Grammys: Lobster chowder, Shrimp Scampi over linguini, roasted veggies, and oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert.

Since we re-feed it again to the left coast on a 3 hour delay, they're supposed to be bringing up some kind of snacks. It's usually a cheese and crudite tray or cold antipasta, chips and salsa, and another dessert. I heard it's ice cream cake.

Gotta save room for ice cream cake. Then go into a food coma.

...I'm using the hand as an excuse to grow a beard. SO isn't sure how she feels about that.
I think men with beards are so debonair - unless you would prefer the term "sexy". Himself grew a beard for me as a Christmas present in 1979. He had it for nine months, until his beard-hating boss finally nagged him into shaving. (The boss had the growth pattern of a nine-year-old...). Don't forget, our kids were born in December of 1980. :brows:

Once he wasn't working for that boss, he regrew his beard. He's had one continuously since, maybe, 1985? If he shaved it off now, I wouldn't be able to pick him out of a lineup. :LOL:

tenspeed! I was hoping you were on vacation and not mad at us! Glad to hear you had a good time.

bt, Grammy Food sounds WAY better than Super Bowl food. :yum:

Himself is feeling a bit under the weather, so I made a pot of escarole-sausage-cannilini bean soup. Homemade wheat bread on the side.
IMG_20190210_202151472.jpg

We had roast with potatoes, carrots, onions, & gravy cooked in the oven. Fixed some rice in the rice cooker and some sauteed squash with onions and bacon bits.

I think men with beards are so debonair - unless you would prefer the term "sexy"...

CG, I've been called a lot of names in my life. "Debonair" and "sexy" were never among them.

I'm ambivalent about beards as long as they are neatly trimmed. When a guy just stops shaving and lets it grow so they look like someone who has been lost in the woods for a year, Im not a fan.

msm, I kinda threw it together after looking over three or four recipes? I wrote up and posted a very rustic recipe, just because you asked. ;)

Escarole, sausage, and white bean soup - a kinda-recipe

...I'm ambivalent about beards as long as they are neatly trimmed...
Himself's beard is long enough to be soft, but no so long that he looks scruffy. And he never approaches "Santa Claus" territory. No need anyway now that he's lost his Santa belly. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom