What are you eating Sunday 2/24/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Feb 24 - National Tortilla Chip Day

I am planning to make pork chops and sauerkraut for dinner.

I kinda overdid it with my healing wrist while making dinner tonight so I voted for leftovers tonight. I think it'll be minestrone and buttered rolls.

I like the idea of nachos. Got some more 49¢ avocados at Aldis today, but none were close to being ripe, so no quac for the chips today.

Lazy day, gloomy weather, absolutely nothing on TV. Rather than fuss in the kitchen, I'm going to slack off and read all day and make grilled cheese sandwiches with homemade bread and tomatoes. We still have potato salad from a couple days ago, and I have a few emergency cans of Progresso soup in the basement. We'll clean out one or two of those. Sounds like supper to me!

today was our fund raiser at church for our youth group. We did a baked potato bar, with salad and soups and homemade desserts. It was awesome. I was and wrapped 105 pounds of potatoes from Costco yesterday and cooked them this morning.

Well, I'm going to be watching the awards with both my mother and step-mother in Torrance this evening. I think they have some frozen flounder in the fridge so I'll probably fry up some of those and have steamed rice, kimchi, and miso soup on the side.

DSC00973.jpg

Kirkland brand Five Cheese Tortellini
(1of these feeds use two 6 times)
served with Sweet Italian Sausage, Garlic, Onions,
some White Wine to deglaze and then
some Rapini braised in it all until crisp-tender
a nice drizzle of good Olive Oil and a grate of
Grana Pandano Cheese (I did this after the photo)
Oh, and so Roasted Garlic Sourdough Bread (not pictured)
to mop up all the juices
MMM! :yum:
AND I have enough for one serving of lunch tomorrow :chef:

I like the idea of nachos. Got some more 49¢ avocados at Aldis today, but none were close to being ripe, so no quac for the chips today.
I don’t like avocados too much, so I don’t know if this is true or not. I think I remember hearing that you can nuke underripe avocados to soften them. True or not?

I don’t like avocados too much, so I don’t know if this is true or not. I think I remember hearing that you can nuke underripe avocados to soften them. True or not?
I tried that way back, but it didn't help - softened them a little, but the flavor didn't improve, as it does, with ripening.

I'm not a big fan of avocados, except in guacamole - especially in the summer, with dead ripe tomatoes, and those favorite peppers, the Hanoi Markets. As much as I love garlic, IMO garlic seems to cover up some of the flavors in it; I still tried the last new recipe, even though it had the garlic, and the same thing seemed to happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom