What are you eating Sunday 3/31/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had bacon wrapped Filet Mignon with loaded salads and Spanish Rice.

The picture isn't meant to be pretty, but rather how cook our little jewels of meat in my carbon steel pan with the green silicone "Fry Wall" collar to save the stove. Perfect every time.:yum:

How do you get the bacon cooked without overcooking the steak? :huh:

CD

How do you get the bacon cooked without overcooking the steak? :huh:

CD

Casey, thanks for asking. I use thick bacon to wrap them, and secure with two silicone bands. The width of the bacon is equal to the thickness of the meat. First I treat them like a ball by cooking and rolling the bacon edges on all sides and then finishing on the flat meat sides in the rendered bacon fat.
It takes some practice, but worth the effort to get the rare we want.
To serve, remove the silicone bands and cut the steak in half, with the cut side down on the plate so that every bite will have a bit of bacon with the delectable meat.:yum:

Last edited:
I did a strange thing last night-
Had one of those really thick Pork Loin Chops........ sliced a pocket into it and stuffed it with Sauerkraut !
First time for a char on cabbage !

Very Interesting.jpg

.....a very busy Salad ...

Salad, Chipotle Ranch.jpg

........ with a Garlic Mash and Buttery Corn...

Pork Loin, Sauerkraut Stiffed.jpg

Last night's dinner: grilled chicken seasoned with Penzeys Forward and salt, Israeli couscous cooked with Porchetta Salt (salt combined with crushed dried bay leaves, rosemary and orange zest), mixed with grilled bell peppers and onion, and finished with white-wine vinegar and fresh parsley. 0331192011a.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom