What are you eating Sunday 4/15/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
A quick review of the fridge shows there are 2 large chicken breasts and fresh string beans that need to be used.

There is also a 1/2 lb. of mozzarella. Maybe chicken parm with green bean salad or an Asian style chicken and bean stir fry. Will decide later.

A quick review of the fridge shows there are 2 large chicken breasts and fresh string beans that need to be used.

There is also a 1/2 lb. of mozzarella. Maybe chicken parm with green bean salad or an Asian style chicken and bean stir fry. Will decide later.

Can we vote?

Chicken Parm +1

Were having Tonkatsu with rice.

I am concocting a Franken Pizza...fresh dough, onion jam, Friulano cheese, Korean pork belly, baby spinach and sliced duck breast..we'll see what happens in a few hours..
I was going to impart some smoke on the breast with my Mini Chief smoker, but mother nature decided to blast us with high winds and freezing rain, so I'll just stay in my jammies and watch the hockey game..

Last edited:
Thinking linguine, w/ white clam sauce and homemade cheesecake w/ undecided topping!

39817-albums371-picture7303.jpg
[/IMG]

Pot roast with mushrooms, parsnips, carrots, onions and potatoes.

Don't know if I will get it done today or not, but I started a molecular gastronomy project. Encapsulated pina colada over coconut snow, pineapple tidbits and marschino cherry foam.

Left over ribs from last nights dinner.. :yum:

It seems that 6lbs of ribs were too much for my SIL and I to eat in one meal.. (daughter doesn't like pork ribs so, she had a tuna sandwich) :wacko:

Ross

Thinking linguine, w/ white clam sauce and homemade cheesecake w/ undecided topping!
39817-albums371-picture7303.jpg
[/IMG]
OMG, I'd be planning on having half of that cheesecake with a side of regret. :yum: It looks rich and creamy.

I have a pot of ham and 15-bean soup simmering on the stove top, and a loaf of French bread waiting for the oven to get up to temp. Comfort foods on a cold, winter-like day.

I am concocting a Franken Pizza...fresh dough, onion jam, Friulano cheese, Korean pork belly, baby spinach and sliced duck breast..we'll see what happens in a few hours..
It was ok..better with a bit of hoisin..

Attachments

• 30725965_10155306646542401_2583773117486727168_n.jpg
    30725965_10155306646542401_2583773117486727168_n.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 30710208_10155306649922401_1310921389942767616_n.jpg
    30710208_10155306649922401_1310921389942767616_n.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 91
Beautiful pics, all! Joey....that cheesecake...! :yum:

I didn't feel much like spending much time in the kitchen this afternoon so I had a baked potato topped with chili, shredded cheddar and onions. Not picworthy, but hit the spot on this cool windy day.

Raided the freezer and pulled out a couple of chicken thighs & legs.

Zucchini, carrot, onion, celery, found some gravy from a Buttermilk Chicken done in the slow cooker, cut up a couple of slices of Jalapeno, then...

used the same knife to cut the celery, then munched on the celery - HOLEeeY TAMOLEEEE - my lips are still burning, 15 minutes later! Needless to say but I only put in ONE slice of the Jalapeno in the pan...:wacko:

But dinner was delish - even with burning lips! Will probably have the 2nd leg & thigh tomorrow for breakfast :yum:

Attachments

• DSCN5903.jpg
    DSCN5903.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 92
Cobbled together some asparagus mushroom soup.

hmmm... stjpse are twp pf u veru favpirotesW oops, guess it helps to have your fingers on the right keys!

lets try again... YUMMM two of my very favourites!

ohhh... or maybe my favourite is s & p's linguine...
decisions decisions decisions... ahh what the heck! LOVE'EM ALL!

Last edited:
Perfect day for grilling!!

Giant shrimp kabobs with colored peppers and red onion. Asian fried rice with bacon.

Slight change of plans for the giant shrimp.

I decided to do them in another skillet next to the killer bacon fried rice.

I put them in a baggie with lots of fresh grated lemon zest, seasoned salt, garlic power and added a little bit of peanut oil, then massaged them well in the baggie and let them sit for a few minutes.
In a hot dry non stick skillet, they were left alone in a single layer till pink on one side and then turned. They developed a really nice light brown crust on both sides with the "lemon zest seasoned oil" and I'll sure do them that way again. Just something I learned today. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom