What are you eating Sunday April 12, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Happy Easter to all that observe.

We had Instant pot stuffed artichokes for lunch.

Stuffed artichokes with lemon, garlic and olive oil pot liquor for dipping.

stuffed_artichokes_041220_IMG_6788.jpg

The plan for tonight is pot roast and veggies served with mashed potatoes. Dessert will be either carrot cake or chocolate chip cookies.

DH will be grilling sausages, if it doesn't rain. I made a daikon radish and carrot slaw. We'll probably nuke some rice that's already cooked to go with it.

A full Easter Dinner here for us; honey-maple ham, scalloped potatoes, honey-butter carrots, roasted Brussels sprouts (because everywhere was out of asparagus), biscuits, and a no-bake lemon pie for dessert.

Pictures to follow... dinner won't be ready for another 1.5 hours.

We've opted for a Chinese dim sum meal - : Sticky rice, shu mai, har gow, veg dumplings, & won tons, w/ varied soy sauces & hot mustard accompaniments.
May post pics later.

Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all who celebrate. Happy spring to everyone else.

We had standard issue garden salads, baked ham, Brussels sprouts for Himself, asparagus for me, and mac-and-cheese. No room for dessert.IMG_20200412_201722498.jpg

A full Easter Dinner here for us; honey-maple ham, scalloped potatoes, honey-butter carrots, roasted Brussels sprouts (because everywhere was out of asparagus), biscuits, and a no-bake lemon pie for dessert.

Pictures to follow... dinner won't be ready for another 1.5 hours.
Turned out really well. Pie wouldn't hold its shape but tasted good. I may pop it in the freeze for about 30 minutes before I cut it next time. That might firm it up. 20200412_210807.jpg20200412_210941.jpg20200412_211007.jpg

DH will be grilling sausages, if it doesn't rain. I made a daikon radish and carrot slaw. We'll probably nuke some rice that's already cooked to go with it.

It didn't rain. DH grilled the sausages. Looks like we need to do some maintenance on the grill. Well, we haven't used it in about a year and a half. A friend brought us a new tank of propane.

Much to our surprise the "Sicilian sausages" weren't nearly as good as the "white wine and shallot sausages". We sort of expected the latter might be a bit wimpy in flavour. The Sicilian ones had a little heat, not much other flavour, but managed to have a weird flavour. The dainty sounding ones had good hearty flavour, but they didn't brown, even though they got to 71°C (160°F). The slaw was kinda bland. I'll tweak the recipe next time. We had some wholegrain baguette with a pomegranate balsamic mix for dipping. That was really good. So, we are full and learned about a new-to-us sausage that we will definitely buy again.

Attachments

• IMG_20200412_190044.jpg
    IMG_20200412_190044.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20200412_190035.jpg
    IMG_20200412_190035.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 71
Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all who celebrate. Happy spring to everyone else.

We had standard issue garden salads, baked ham, Brussels sprouts for Himself, asparagus for me, and mac-and-cheese. No room for dessert.View attachment 40357

Yum.

That got me thinking, hmm, I could have the asparagus and DH could have the, oops, no, he dislikes Brussels sprouts even more than he dislikes asparagus. Oh well.

Everyone, your dinners look and sound really good. We had a whole roasted chicken, mashed and gravy, garlic roasted carrots, sliced pickles and olives.
We had carrot cake at lunch time and 2nd slices some time after dinner.

Holiday colored foil wrapped malted milk balls and devilled eggs to munch on during the day ( not necessarily at the same time.)

Didn’t get a pic of the full table or the filet mignon. Things started moving fast by then.
Did filet mignon with peppercorn creme sauce. I also made the butter in the molds below. Basically green onions, oregano, parsley, garlic, lime juice, unsalted butter ground up and frozen for use when needed. Used on the steaks as well. Made potato salad and first time making macaroni salad. All came out really good everyone said so am happy with the result. Also baked a cake and make a buttercream frosting but ran out of time to put together. Our resident cakelady relative put it together. Will show pics on tomorrow night dinner thread.

9eedfca79db0bbd4cb644627290f4a0e.jpg

e53f24a0a543f0e03efdc9498f9c12dc.jpg

feb0a2d512f2c0d0baea6c2e291c9c71.jpg

c2ebaed2257b475dcc07646d692d9be3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom