What are you eating today Thursday January 14, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
London Broil braised in beef broth, burgundy wine, cream of mushroom soup, onions and mushrooms. Mashed potatoes and steamed baby spinach on the side.

potted_beef_011421_IMG_7587.jpg

I made trifle this afternoon and it completely pooped me out. So, we ordered from the local TexMex place. DH had two burritos and I had a burrito bowl. It was very tasty. I haven't finished mine yet. It's a lot of food. I'll finish it later, probably tonight.

Pear, red onion, prosciutto, mascarpone galette, and beef tenderloin carpaccio over arugula lightly dressed with EVOO and balsamic, with a dijon mustard aioli, capers and Parm R.

Attachments

• 2021-01-14 19.17.08.jpg
    2021-01-14 19.17.08.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 2021-01-14 19.16.25.jpg
    2021-01-14 19.16.25.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 76
I received a gift card from Olive Garden at our Gal Pal Christmas Gift Exchange. I didn't really feel like cooking today :ermm::ohmy::huh: ... so I called in a Curbside Pickup order of a dinner portion of Lasagna, which came with Soup or Salad - we chose Salad, dressing on the side please - and an order of 6 Breadsticks.
Meh, not so much.
Neither of us particularly care for 'chain restaurants' any longer. We feel that it's become so commercialized that the food taste quite bland, stale and surely not worth the $25 :glare:
DH said, "Well, thank goodness we didn't pay for that!"

The saving-grace is we have my first go at Instant Pot® Cheesecake #17 for dessert :clap:

Rescued a pair of turkey tenders from the freezer leftover from Thanksgiving. Cooked them SV then seared in my CI skillet. also had some stuffing to reheat. Made pilaf and steamed green peas. Did a quick gravy to make a mini turkey dinner.

I tried out the air fryer feature on the oven for fish sticks and tater tots. It worked out pretty well to channel my inner child!

Leftover skillet shrimp from Tuesday. Last of the leftovers and I have to run errands tomorrow. :ermm: Should make for an interesting supper decision on Friday...

We finished off yesterdays meatloaf and mashed potatoes and added green beans.

Made an Aldi cookie run Wednesday so, assorted cookies and hot cocoa was dessert.

Ross

IMG_6424.jpgIMG_6423.jpg
I know it’s weird combination. Wife wanted chicken coconut soup and daughter wanted taco. So the restaurant is open.

Back
Top Bottom