What are you eating today, Wednesday April 25, 2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting. I've always heard pastichio referred to as Greek lasagna.
That's how they list it at the Greek restaurant we've gone to out here. "Moussaka" was billed as "eggplant casserole".

I made his-and-her pizzas on Naan bread. Himself had pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, and a bit of bacon. I made a Hawaiian pizza Donato's style for me: ham, pineapple, sliced almonds, and cinnamon. :yum: Tasted like living back home...:heart:

Kayelle, I'll have to dust off the picadillo recipe. Now that GD has moved out, I can make it again (she's not a fan of raisins or olives).

I still have to try it as a filling for empanadas.

It sure hit the spot tonight Andy. I love that it makes enough to bag up for another tasty freezer dinner. You could always make your empanadas with the leftovers. :chef:

I stopped at Arby's and got the "New" Bourbon St BBQ Steak sandwich...they must be running out of BBQ sauce there was only about a teaspoonful for the whole sandwich. Maybe I should offer to go to the store for them...

Cuban Picadillo at our house tonight...
I've been going through old clippings of recipes from magazines past. I had saved a page of Mexican recipes from a Family Circle or Women's Day from the early 1970's that had a picadillo recipe! I thought the last ingredient was odd, though: 1/2 cup frozen peas. :huh:

I've been using a recipe from Allrecipes - it might be one you had shared the lin to. Needless to say, I've tweaked it to suit our preferences...and I don't include peas. :LOL:

CG, I think there are probably as many Cuban recipes for it as there are for our meatloaf. Peas might be good actually. I ran across a recipe without stuffed olives and raisins...now that I can't imagine being called Picadillo. I use golden raisins however, and double the amount.

Back
Top Bottom