What are you eating Tuesday 11/14/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a really nice meal Ross. Hey, how's that Trader Joe's dressing?

I would classify the TJ's dressing as 'ok in a pinch'... The cubes were a bit too small. I think the flavoring is pretty good but, I did use chicken broth instead of the plain water in the instructions..

Overall, I like it as a quick side.. :)

Ross

Since Kayelle posted about skillet browned chicken on top of dressing, I have had a craving for some..

Browning bone in chicken thighs and finishing, in the oven, on top of TJ's stuffing mix..
Will roast some veggies to serve with it..

Of course, some pie later..

Ross
I had the same craving and made the same thing :yum: It was delicious! I forgot to thaw the chicken ahead of time, though, and we are awaiting delivery of our new microwave (old one died last week) so I couldn't thaw them in there. Did it as quickly as I could in a bowl of cold water. Dinner was late and we were famished, so no pix, but we sure enjoyed it :yum: Thanks, Kay!

Last edited:
I would classify the TJ's dressing as 'ok in a pinch'... The cubes were a bit too small. I think the flavoring is pretty good but, I did use chicken broth instead of the plain water in the instructions..

Overall, I like it as a quick side.. [emoji2]

Ross
I use Stovetop Stuffing (TJ's is too far away to be convenient for me). I always chop a rib of celery and half an onion and sauté them in butter before proceeding with the instructions. Last night I also put in 1-1/4 cups of water instead of the 1-1/2 called for. Then I deglazed the pan I browned the chicken in and added the liquid and browned bits to the stuffing. That plus roasting the thighs on top of the stuffing gave it great flavor. :chef:

Thanks again, Kay!

I use Stovetop Stuffing (TJ's is too far away to be convenient for me). I always chop a rib of celery and half an onion and sauté them in butter before proceeding with the instructions. Last night I also put in 1-1/4 cups of water instead of the 1-1/2 called for. Then I deglazed the pan I browned the chicken in and added the liquid and browned bits to the stuffing. That plus roasting the thighs on top of the stuffing gave it great flavor. :chef:

Thanks again, Kay!

I wish I had thought to do that in bold.. A great idea I will make note of for future boxed stuffing meals... :)

As an aside... When I move to Missouri in January, I will no longer have a nearby TJ's.. That makes me sad... :(
Ross

Last edited:
I also refer to dinner threads to remember what day I made a dish..

Last night was a reheat of some au gratin potato and ham casserole with a liberal dose of canned green chiles on top

Attachments

• DSCN6526.jpg
    DSCN6526.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom