What are you eating Tuesday 11/7/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Chicken wings. I'm not sure how I will cook them. I'm leaning toward Asian style. Side TBDL.

It's currently 33 degrees F and sunny. That's 1 degree above my threshold for grilling. Sun is a bonus. Dinner is going to be grilled bratwurst, sauerkraut and home fried potatoes. No buns, yes to creole mustard for dipping as I don't have any German mustard right now.

Brats are simmering in onions and beer, taters are prepped and cut up. Grill is out of the garage and parked on the driveway, chimney has coals. I could eat anytime.

Busy day today, so I phone ordered for pick up from my fave tiny little family run Mexican place. I LOVE their burritos. Nothing like the fast food places - these are enormous fresh flour tortilla burritos filled with just chopped carne asada, rice, onions, refried beans, and cilantro, and smothered in salsa verde. :yum: Leftovers for breakfast. :)

We had an Asian inspired dinner tonight with veggie fried rice and a Dolly chicken breast, sliced and fried with an egg wash/cornstarch/sesame mix till golden brown, and not over cooked. The dipping sauce for the finger slices of chicken was equal parts soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. We love that simple combo.

For taco Tuesday, I chopped some of the leftover smoked beef from Sunday and heated it in water on the stovetop with a good sprinkle of Penzeys Arizona Dreaming. I also chopped up a bunch of veggie odds and ends, sautéed them and added more Arizona Dreaming and the leftover Mexican corn salad. When serving, I topped it with a little crispy bacon :yum:

I only had about a tablespoon of sour cream left, and DH doesn't like plain Greek yogurt as a substitute, so I used both to make a sauce. I added lime juice and zest, chopped cilantro, salt and a pinch of sugar to balance the lime. Good stuff.
1107172025a.jpg

Last edited:
The Monday chicken breasts didn't thaw in time so I made cheese omelets and hash browns that evening..

Tuesday I breaded chicken cutlets and did them stove top for a change. Rice pilaf and sliced tomatoes, drizzled with raspberry balsamic as sides..

Apple pie for dessert.. (cheated and picked up a frozen one when shopping)

Ross

We had dinner overlooking the Savannah River at a place called Huey's on the River. No appetizers because dinner included salad and cornbread, and we didn't want to end up with leftovers. Himself had a bowl of crayfish etouffe. I had the catch of the day - sea bass with a crab stuffing and topped with a crayfish-something sauce, sautéed hericot verte, roasted cherry tomatoes, and the creamiest mashed potatoes I have ever eaten. No room for dessert, either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom