What are you eating Tuesday August 27. 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire

Attachments

• eggs_tomatoes_feta_082719_IMG_6152.jpg
    eggs_tomatoes_feta_082719_IMG_6152.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 116
TJ’s orange chicken with a variety of veggies-snow peas, mushrooms, onions, sprouts, etc. All this over white rice.

A little on the cooler side today so I decided to make a pot of chili for supper. For dessert will have cake and ice cream.

After being tempted by posts of some who enjoy liverwurst, I decided to satisfy a craving.. Picked up same and a small loaf of soft, no nutrition, white bread..

Hellmann's mayo, liverwurst, s&p.. No frills goodness.. ;):yum:

I did make a mac salad to go with it..

Baked a small batch of banana muffins for later..

Ross

I was planning on making Linda's pot o' pig, but the groceries haven't arrived, so I haven't got the pork. We are trying to figure out where to order supper from.

Hopefully, this is a photo of what the enchiladas will look like after baking, but before serving & adding sour cream & green onion slivers.

Oops - wrong photo - I'll have to find the right one -on second thought I may just forget about posting it.

Attachments

• IMG_7162- Enchiladas.JPG
    IMG_7162- Enchiladas.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
We generally don't eat cod, as it doesn't have much flavor. However, this popped up on my Youtube menu, and it seemed interesting, so I thought I would give it a try, as my basil is finally growing.

https://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/lemon-and-basil-pan-seared-cod/

Pretty good stuff, but all of the flavor was in the sauce. Sides were roasted cauliflower and white basmati.
One of my favourite ways to make cod is with a bunch of diced tomatoes, green pepper, butter, parsley, cilantro in a glass pyrex dish with the veggies on top, salt, pepper, lime. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, more butter on top.

107F here this afternoon. :ohmy: After Tyler gets picked up, I'll probably just throw together a salad - have lots of veggies to use. I made a few deviled eggs this AM, so will have a couple of those to go with the salad, and maybe a sliced apple.

Leftovers. Plus, when a bit of rain made me come inside briefly, I made some guacamole, for a delicious lunch.

Last edited:
Homemade pot stickers. The half moons are pork and the rectangles with wings are crawfish. Sesame and soy sauce for the pork ones. Citrus for the crawfish.

Attachments

• 2019-08-27 18.48.42.jpg
    2019-08-27 18.48.42.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 131
I pulled out my very last corned beef from the freezer. :( We're having traditional corned beef and cabbage tonight. I hope we have enough beef left for sandwiches later this week
IMG_20190827_203608524.jpg

This was my inspiration. I added black olives and made the sauce from scratch. I used shells as the pasta. It was cheesy and quite good.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lasagna-toss/
My Dad won't eat leftovers that haven't been turned into something else...wondering if I should turn this into a soup/stew to which I add some kale and white beans...Mom will eat it as is. Any ideas for tomorrow's supper?

We generally don't eat cod, as it doesn't have much flavor. However, this popped up on my Youtube menu, and it seemed interesting, so I thought I would give it a try, as my basil is finally growing.

https://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/lemon-and-basil-pan-seared-cod/

Pretty good stuff, but all of the flavor was in the sauce. Sides were roasted cauliflower and white basmati.

I cook cod sous vide, with a slice of lemon and a couple pats of butter on each filet. I sous vide until flaky -- on the firm side. I usually serve it over some kind of seasoned rice. :yum:

Taco Tuesday at the doghouse. Chicken tenderloins cooked in cast iron, with my normal taco toppings -- lettuce, cheese, onions and salsa. Nothing new.

CD

Back
Top Bottom