What are you eating Wednesday 12/6/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
My plan is making yesterdays postponed dinner - stovetop grilled marinated flank steak (EVOO, soy sauce, fresh garlic, smoked salt and spices), potatoes and tomato and onion salad.

stovetop grilled marinated flank steak (EVOO, soy sauce, fresh garlic, smoked salt and spices), potatoes and tomato and onion salad.
I use a similar marinade for steak tips, but add a bit of balsamic vinegar (about 1/3 as much soy sauce). It gives it a nice flavor.

Tonight is shrimp and corn gumbo, rosemary and olive oil dutch oven bread, garden salad.

I use a similar marinade for steak tips, but add a bit of balsamic vinegar (about 1/3 as much soy sauce). It gives it a nice flavor.

Tonight is shrimp and corn gumbo, rosemary and olive oil dutch oven bread, garden salad.
I'll try that. Thanks. How long do you marinate for? Last time I only did about 20-25 minutes and it was so good!

Taco Wednesday here in the middle of the desert

ground beef tacos.jpg
[file photo]

Ground Beef spiced with my homemade Taco Seasoning (heh! you've got all of those spices in your pantry, why not make up your own?!)
I'll make the meat a bit saucy with some flour toasted in the pan with the meat once it's browned off and some Dark Beer (oops, I guess I'll need to drink the rest of that bottle than, eh? :LOL:)
And then I just chop up a bunch of stuff for toppings and then it's build your own Taco Bar.
I use heated Flour Tortillas rather than Corn. We have a local Tortilla facotry just up the road a piece :yum:

Recently I ordered one of the very best sandwiches I've ever eaten and good ole Chef John told me how to make it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZg_wHmhozE
As luck would have it, we have a brand new little Vietnamese restaurant in this mostly Mexican food town, and we're going there tonight to order Banh Mi sandwiches and any other tempting delights.

Last edited:
No cooking tonight...

I'm driving shuttle for a golf tournament in Pebble Beach and they keep a grazing table for us in the club house so, we grazed between runs..

Doing this through Saturday so, I won't be cooking..

Good stuff... :yum:

Broiled marinated flank steak and tomato and onion salad.

flank_steak_120617_IMG_3509.jpg

Last edited:
MsM & 10speed, lately I've been using half soy sauce and half balsamic vinegar in my marinades, including Asian. I like it a lot.
That looks wonderful MsM.
Thank you Kay it was wonderful. I did add a small amount of balsamic to the marinade. Even DD that doesn't really like beef had seconds.

Pan seared scallops drizzled with garlic lemon butter. A slice of cherry pie from my sweet neighbor will be dessert. :yum:

Attachments

• scallops with garlic lemon butter.jpg
    scallops with garlic lemon butter.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 130
I needed a pork shoulder (butt) to get enough pork/fat for the venison sausage I'm making. After cutting off 4 lbs from an 8 lb bone in shoulder, to grind. I put the rest of the pork in water in a foil covered pan in the oven at 290 degrees F for 4 hours. Then poured off the water, turned the heat up to 400 degrees F and topped it off with some homemade bbq sauce. A half hour later, it was caramelized, and delicious.

I had made 4-5 pints of bbq sauce just a few weeks ago, and now it is gone and I need to make another batch. Wow, that is good stuff.

I needed a pork shoulder (butt) to get enough pork/fat for the venison sausage I'm making. After cutting off 4 lbs from an 8 lb bone in shoulder, to grind. I put the rest of the pork in water in a foil covered pan in the oven at 290 degrees F for 4 hours. Then poured off the water, turned the heat up to 400 degrees F and topped it off with some homemade bbq sauce. A half hour later, it was caramelized, and delicious.

I had made 4-5 pints of bbq sauce just a few weeks ago, and now it is gone and I need to make another batch. Wow, that is good stuff.
Recipe for the BBQ sauce? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom