What are you eating Wednesday July 21, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast was a Brown Cow coffee yogurt and Trader Joe's Instant coffee (pretty good for instant).

yogurt_coffee_072121_IMG_8289.jpg

Thunderstorms today. I thawed a turkey breast that was in the freezer. I thought it would be a good day to use it. The thunder is already starting.

So if all goes as planned, I will bone and split the breast and roast them. Half for dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes and veggie. The other half will be for turkey and stuffing sandwiches.

I plan on clearing some items out of the frig; baked garlic chicken thighs, refried beans, pea pods, and will make fresh some cubed fried potatoes. Okay, think I will add pea pods and onions to the fried potatoes.

My neighbor sent a text to several of us close neighbors and told us today is National Hot Dog Day! [emoji894] She invited us to her house for dinner tonight. She's making the dogs and fixings. I'll bring my potato salad with a vinaigrette dressing.

Like others, I went freezer-diving for ideas! I found pork and sauerkraut perogies along with some potato and cheese perogies. Using some leftover red onion from my b-day dinner, I served them for lunch.

Attachments

• 2021-07-21.jpg
    2021-07-21.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 48
Wednesday is Pasta Night !
Cincinnati Chili, all the way - Chili, Beans, Cheese, Raw (Red) chopped Onion over Spaghetti...

Cincinnati Chili 7-2021.jpg

Turkey dinner: Roast turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean salad (lemon juice, fresh garlic, EVOO, salt and pepper), cranberry sauce and pan gravy.

roast_turkey_breast_072121_IMG_8295.jpg

roast_turkey_dinner_072121_IMG_8296.jpg

I cooked a small pork loin roast on the grill and we had that along with Thai pickled cucumbers and a tossed salad.

Himself grilled Italian sausages. I used them for sausage sandwiches with sauteed onions and peppers, marinara sauce, and provolone and mozz cheeses. Side dish was corn and tomatoes.
IMG_20210721_205737173.jpg

We ordered sandwiches from Dagwoods. I had roast beef, with Edam cheese, onions, sliced olives, hot banana pepper rings (they aren't very hot), and Dagwoods signature sauce on a whole wheat submarine bun. DH had The Dagwood: Freshly Sliced Ham, Mortadella, Pepperoni, Genoa Salami, Edam Cheese. I'm not sure what toppings he chose. It was, as always, tasty.

Mom had blood work @ 10:30 yesterday AM, so after we got that out of the way we stopped by Sonic and got a hot dog and fries. And we paid for it later. Sometime during the pandemic, Sonic changed their hot dog - too salty for us now. We were both drinking water all afternoon. And up weeing all blessed night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom