"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2020, 04:49 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

What are you eating Wednesday May 13, 2020?

Lunch was rocket salad with sliced mushroom and hard boiled quail eggs dressed with olive oil, red wine vinegar and house blend seasoning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rocket_salad_quail_egg_051320_IMG_6857.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	40940

Dinner was loaded wonton soup:

Add-ins were Baby bok choy chiffonade, snow peas, sliced scallions, enoki mushrooms, bean sprouts, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, soy sauce, black and white sesame seeds.

Name:	wonton_soup_051320_1_IMG_6859.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	40941

Homemade pork wontons (I used ground pork shoulder and fresh wonton wrappers, it tasted really good. The wontons were cooked yesterday) heated in chicken broth. Wontons and boiling broth added to bowl on top of veggies. The veggies were nice and crisp.

Name:	wonton_soup_051320_2_IMG_6860.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	40942

msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

msmofet, it looks like you've fully recovered from whatever had you knocked down last month. Glad to see you back to cooking and posting.

We'll be having some of the leftover broasted chicken, along with green beans. I unearthed a long-ago clipped recipe for sauteed beans with miso butter. Might make it, might not. I'm also eyeing a recipe for cream biscuits - those would be good with the chicken. Might make those, might not.

So far, it's already cooked chicken for sure, with some sort of fresh green beans, cooked.

"Remember, all that matters in the end is getting the meal on the table." ~ Julia Child
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:49 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Cincinnati Chili, Pasta Salad...

Name:	Cincinnati Chili 5-2020.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	40943
Old 05-13-2020, 06:46 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I made up the "hard salad", grated carrot, grated beet, thinly sliced celery, thinly sliced red onion, for the week. For the rest of the week, I will make salads of leaves and add some of the hard salad to it. I also made a week's worth of blue cheese dressing and the leaves part of tonight's salad. We both had salad and leftover rogan josh, from Friday's Indian food delivery. DH also had the last piece of chicken tikka and some brown basmati rice from the freezer. I am hoping that making up stuff like that ahead of time will save me spoons while making supper for the rest of the week.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:15 PM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

I pulled a couple of boneless pork chops out of the freezer and decided to make cutlets. I had a partial bag of Italian seasoned panko. So I pounded and breaded two chops. Started a pan of roasted red potatoes seasoned with my secret seasoning blend. Finally, so I can call it a healthy meal, we had steamed broccoli.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8E324F12-4509-4BDC-9D97-FAE65BDC757C_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	40944  
Old 05-13-2020, 10:13 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

After two loads of laundry and ironing fabric for masks, I had my engine running. I made the miso-butter green beans (meh, tossed the recipe) and the cream biscuits. We still have two biscuits left. Might make shortcakes later...

Name:	IMG_20200513_220519267.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	40945

"Remember, all that matters in the end is getting the meal on the table." ~ Julia Child
Old 05-13-2020, 10:45 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
After two loads of laundry and ironing fabric for masks, I had my engine running. I made the miso-butter green beans (meh, tossed the recipe) and the cream biscuits. We still have two biscuits left. Might make shortcakes later...
Attachment 40945
You are making masks too?? We need a new thread about that..I'll start one unless you beat me to it! I have bunches of creative sewing ideas right now. I haven't done anything creative since I made my 24 yr. old grand daughter her Christening gown and bonnet out of her Mama's wedding dress.
Anyway, our dinner consisted of gently warmed rare thin cut leftover prime rib (from MomDay) and well trimmed of visible fat served on toasted Bolillo rolls (funny story to follow sometime about the rolls). I served them with hot horseradish, and Au Jus for dipping. They would have cost $$$ on any restaurant menu, and we served them with French Fries and salad. They were a big hit and worth the excess Carbs for me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P5130038.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	40946  

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:35 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Kayelle, French fries hardly count when you can count them all on your fingers. Now if you had to take your shoes off...

Feel free to start that thread about masks. I'm open to all sorts of suggestions. I'm just happy that I finally found a use for all of the "fat quarters" I bought during my wishful quilting phase.

Old 05-14-2020, 07:39 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Our dinner last night (from the freezer) was a real Shepherd's pie using leftover lamb, gravy made from lamb broth that I made using the bits I trimmed off to French the original lamb roast, as well as the bones from the leftovers, plus carrots, parsnips, onions, mushrooms, a bit of garlic in the gravy and a mashed potato crust. Not very pretty, but it was really good.
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #10
Master Chef

Forgot to post last night. I needed to use up some veggies I had in the fridge. I roasted grape tomatoes and asparagus with garlic and mixed it with pasta and some alfredo sauce. Added a salad for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200514_132501.jpg
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	40958
Old 05-14-2020, 02:00 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Easy dinner last night - grilled burgers and corn with homemade buns and a pickle for the obligatory green item

Name:	20200513_203230.jpg
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	40959

Tags
eating