What are you going to cook on Mother's Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sankum

Assistant Cook
Generally I cook both lunch and dinner for my mom and surprise her with a small gift. My gift is ready. Just thinking on what I can cook specially for her. surely something Indian. Which cusine are you going to surprise her with?

Last edited:
Oven-baked chicken wings. We both love them. No cutlery allowed.

Taking her to breakfast Monday morning (my day off).

Lee

This weekend is a busy one, niece's babyshower and then mothers day.
First off The gift I was going to get my mom she ended up buying it before me.
So lastweekend I made chicken enchildlas and key lime pie and called her saturday and told not to make dinner I will be out with it,
She was so happy and enjoyed and said that was a good idea having it. I made enough so that she could have some the next day for lunch or dinner the next day. It was a nice quite dinner with my folks.
I also have to mention that prior to that my dad 81 yrs was taken to hospital with 105 temp and with pnemunia in Lft lung- came Home same day and recovery fine so dinner was great.

DW wanted something simple & easy...she suggested Shrimp Po-Boys...So I have fresh Gulf Swimps, and will have fresh Gambino's bread...It's also her birthday so DD will bring cake...

I'm cooking for myself and the sleeper (hubby) always sleeping.
Either Eye Round or something else, depends what I feel like cooking.

I let her get the groceries, and looks like she wants more Thai again. All these years it took her to get me to try new foods, and now I am the one trying to push her onto other things LOL.
Looks like a Thai soup and salad to start (still working on the details of those), I got two ribeyes being done with a Thai BBQ marinade, a whole fish to be gutted, scored, and fried in some seasonings and hot oils I got (still going over the method, it is from the Thai restaurant we like but they do it in green curry (hot hot hot) and I want to tone it down to something more fragrant and milder), and not sure on dessert yet. I will probably also make some Pad See Ew and Panang so the kids can participate.
I don't think dinner out or a cruise will happen (came up goose eggs on the babysitter), so I will get the day spa and she can go on her next day off.

We are probably going to DH's parents tomorrow to drop off our gift - a potted plant and an orange chiffon cake I have baking right now (will have lemon curd filling and white chocolate cream cheese frosting). They have been invited to DH's brother's for dinner....but we haven't!

Last edited:
Sorry, Jeekinz, not sure what you are saying yikes to. If it is the cake, well, that is a "piece of cake" for me LOL!!!!!

Oh, okay. There are five sibling's in DH's family. Three (including us) live in the general area of Mom and Dad and two live out of town. His brother has a small house and three young boys and his wife doesn't cook a lot so they usually just invite one set of us over at a time. We are going in August for DH's Bday.

We are probably going to DH's parents tomorrow to drop off our gift - a potted plant and an orange chiffon cake I have baking right now (will have lemon curd filling and white chocolate cream cheese frosting). They have been invited to DH's brother's for dinner....but we haven't!
Tell ya what, come here and eat with us..That is if you can take 14 great big kids and one dog:LOL: As for the cake, that is welcome too...:angel:
kades

Thanks, Kades, but I would like to spend some time with dear daughter (notice no more quotes). She is still at the hospital waiting the results of her tests. Her cousin is with her today but if she doesn't get admitted she will spend the night with us again.

But I can FedEx you some cake if you like!

Last edited:
it is my kids turn to cook for me. doubt it will happen. daughter sent a nice little garden basket. she is still recovering from foot surgery. she can't drive this far. it is about an hour.

have seen hide nor hair of my son yet but i know i will.

babe:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We took Paul's mom out last night.

Tonight it'll just be us and a plate full of lamb burgers.

Nothing too special here, swiss steak, roasted asparagus, potatoes (probably mashed), and trying a new cookie-from-cake mix using cherry cake mix, chopped marischino cherries and dark chocolate.

Not sure yet....I wanna try Ol' Blue's meatloaf in a baked potato, but I'm not sure I'll get to the store to get the potatoes!!!

I've got ground sirlion in the fridge I need to figure out what to make with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom