What are you having for Supper this Saturday, 9-26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I'm not sure.. I want tacos, but it might be a nice big cheeseburger with french fries. I was even thinking about a taco salad.

What sounds good at your place tonight?

PIZZA!!

thinking about making a 2 cheese pizza:)
I could have pizza everyday! The last couple of nights that has been the craving!

I love pizza with just cheese, and if there are more than one kind, I love it even more! :pig:

For some reason, I have a craving for taco-something or a juicy cheeseburger.

Mmmmm...pizza sounds delish. I am craving chinese food tonight but will likely end up making cornflake chicken.

chinese something... chicken, shrimp, maybe do lo mein or a kung pao or both...

It's our Saturday to irrigate so dinner wil be Philly cheese steak sammies and unfires...Have a lot of veggoes to get grilled for dinner tomorrow, caponata, also baguette to toast and then put on a butter with sliced and diced green onons and parsley, then will top with thinly sliced and salted radishes...working on baked beans and have a ham ready to cook.
kadesma;)

Roasted spiced orange chicken with brown rice and steamed green beans.

Hockey and 2 football games equals hot dogs with fried onions, and A&W Root Beer! Oh, Ice cream and chocolate cake will come later!

I went to dentist today so comfort food for the boo boo. Poached eggs, breakfast sausage, rye toast, fried potatoes and onions.

img_852624_0_1015735643d36bae03df854b91574731.jpg

Normally I don't buy premade seafood items at the supermarket, but today the market had some large & lovely-looking U.S. farmed catfish filets coated in a red-pepper cornmeal crust, & they just appealed to me. So I'll be frying 2 of those babies up & serving them with canned (yes, canned) southwest corn (corn, diced bell peppers, black beans) - drained & buttered - & sauteed fresh zucchini & yellow summer squash from the farmers market.

I went to dentist today so comfort food for the boo boo. Poached eggs, breakfast sausage, rye toast, fried potatoes and onions.

That looks SO good. I was considering having breakfast for dinner as well and that just made me POSITIVE that I will :)

have had swiss steak in my small crock pot most of afternoon. it has peppers and onions. think i will make some rice. one more veggie but don't know what. i made a "sock it to me" cake. it is cooling so will have that for dessert. the steak should last one or two more serving.

need to sew , so will just eat leftovers so i can get it done
baby blankets, little one due today

img_852713_0_1015735643d36bae03df854b91574731.jpg
that looks tasty, msmofet. I don't know if I could eat that though after having dental work done. I would go for the poached eggs or a nice homemade soup, but I know you're all souped out these days.

Normally I don't buy premade seafood items at the supermarket, but today the market had some large & lovely-looking U.S. farmed catfish filets coated in a red-pepper cornmeal crust, & they just appealed to me. So I'll be frying 2 of those babies up & serving them with canned (yes, canned) southwest corn (corn, diced bell peppers, black beans) - drained & buttered - & sauteed fresh zucchini & yellow summer squash from the farmers market.
That sounds delicious! What do you mean by premade. Do you mean that it was already dressed or do you mean any prepared, packaged seafood. I have bought very nice frozen, packaged shrimp, tilapia, etc that has been fantastic, but they weren't in a sauce or a crust.

No - I have no bias against plain fresh frozen seafood or fresh seafood that's already dressed (actually, pretty much all fresh fish in the markets around here have been dressed - i.e. gutted, scaled, etc.). I meant seafood already pre-marinated or stuffed with something. But once in awhile something just really looks appealing & I succumb.

Back
Top Bottom