What are you making Mom for Mother's Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otter

Sous Chef
I'm thinking standing rib roast, herbed potatoes, dinner roll, whatever vegetable looks good this week, and chocolate cake. :rolleyes:

I'm cooking an Honors Breakfast for the Sault Tribe that will include various omelets, my "World Famous Pancakes, with buckwheat", sausage, bacon, ham (cooked on my Webber Kettle with maple wood the night before), real maple syrup from our tribal sugar-bush, and fresh fruit cups. Various beverages will also be served. It's going to be held on the Saturday before Mother's Day.

This breakfast will be for any who will bring their mother. I have a freind who loves to make omelets. He'll be doing that part. We'll both be cooking the meats, except the ham, and I've got pancake duty. Should be fun.

Of course, I'm gonna have to come up with something special specificall for my wife on Mother's Day. I'll probably grill up some steaks, with some steamed zuchini, or maybe artichoke, and portabella mushroom caps.

Seeeya; Goodweed of the North

sorry to say nothing. i won't be seeing my mom for mother's day :cry: . unless pa want to do it for me she lives really close to my mom lol.

hopefully, i will be going "down the shore" to see my mom, with dw and the boy. both mommies love a local chinese place, so we might go there, or get take out.

i am gonna call my mom tho, to see what her favorites are. if something is similar to dw's taste, i might make it for them. i'm thinking lamb, or maybe shellfish with pasta.

i learned my lesson to ask what someone likes if you are going to cook for them. a few years ago, my mom broke her wrist so i went down to their house to make a few meals to have for the week. one dish i made for my parents was a dish my wife taught me and i absolutely loved. chicken breasts smothered in a thick lemon pepper sauce with mushrooms. i cooked up a storm, and served the lemon pepper mushroom chicken for dinner that night. after watching my parents politely pick thru what i thought was a great meal, i found out they don't like mushrooms.
i took home a lot of leftovers.

I'm going to make my wife Chicken breasts stuffed with Cream Cheese, with a Raspberry Melba Sauce...not sure what else i'm going to serve.

I am 'Mom".

Nobody else cooks around here, so will have to think about what I want to eat.

Hmmmmmmm?!?!

Pam

Gosh, I hadn't even thought of that. I knew Mother's Day is in a week but I didn't even THINK of cooking something for her! I better start looking up some good vegetarian recipes!

My wife and I are having both of our parents and my grandparents over to our house for a BBQ (cookout for all you southerners :cool: ). We are not going crazy since we are on a tighter budget now that we have a little one so I think we are doing the standard burgers, dogs, sausages, plus a number of different salads like my black eyed pea salad. I will probably also make some chimichurri sauce for the burgers and my mom loves the jerk sauce I make so I will have to do that too.

Honestly, to tell the truth, I don't know. My family and I have been busy preparing for my parents 40th. wedding anniversary party on the 21st of this month. :) We have a bunch of friends and family coming to celebrate. They actually got married on the 27th. but we did not want to compete with Memorial Day weekend.

Are the world famous pancakes with buckwheat on this site and if so do you know where I can find it? I used to make buckwheat pancakes years ago and had forgotten about them. Pancakes don't usually stick to my ribs, but those did and oatmeal pancakes do.

Look in the breads and pastries thread. I think that is where this recipe will belong. This is a modification of my "World's Best Pancake" recipe. I know that the title is presumptious, but everyone who has tried it agrees, so I reserve a little bit fo bragging rights for that recipe. I know, I know, I'm not being humble. But I'm humble about most other things. :rolleyes:

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I'm the mom, and since the husband works all weekend (actually 12 straight days beginning tomorrow) I'll be making something that appeals to the 2 sons.

Back
Top Bottom