What are you making or having for Christmas dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sister came over and we had turkey, three kinds of stuffing (regular with mushrooms and raisins, regular without mushrooms for Dad and gluten free for DH). two kinds of gravy (one with potato starch and one with flour), mashed potatoes (some with butter and milk and some with chicken broth for DH), Carrots (one kind), green vegetable (brussel sprouts for sister and I, peas for the guys), green salad with a different dressing for each person, and a one-size fits all Hungarian chocolate cake (always flourless), filled with Cool Whip Lite and drizzled with raspberry coulis double strained to make sure there are no seeds to get caught in dentures and mixed with Splenda instead of sugar for Dad's Diabetes.

It is sure nice that our family is easy to cook for LOL!!!!!

My sister came over and we had turkey, three kinds of stuffing (regular with mushrooms and raisins, regular without mushrooms for Dad and gluten free for DH). two kinds of gravy (one with potato starch and one with flour), mashed potatoes (some with butter and milk and some with chicken broth for DH), Carrots (one kind), green vegetable (brussel sprouts for sister and I, peas for the guys), green salad with a different dressing for each person, and a one-size fits all Hungarian chocolate cake (always flourless), filled with Cool Whip Lite and drizzled with raspberry coulis double strained to make sure there are no seeds to get caught in dentures and mixed with Splenda instead of sugar for Dad's Diabetes.

It is sure nice that our family is easy to cook for LOL!!!!!
well happy holidays LP!! and OI LOL :LOL: good thing!!!

Had big dinner with all the relatives at my mom house xmas eve- xmas just me and the hubbie going to have roast beef mash potatoes, green beans rolls and whip cream cake for dessert. then later in evening going to see what santa brought the grand kids.

Dh, dd and I were alone at Christmas dinner due to weather. I had a large chateaubriand that I basically used half of. I trimmed off steaks from the ends (for Steak Diane for New Year's Eve). Grilled and roasted the chateaubriand to a uniform medium-rare, made a delicious bearnaise sauce from scratch, chateau potatoes, oven roasted asparagus and homemade scratch yeast rolls. For hors d'oeuvres, which we started eating at about noon, I made carmelized onion and feta tartlets, börek, brie en croûte, crab puffs, and roasted red pepper and sundried tomato dip. Dh and I had a shiraz with the hors d'oeuvres and merlot with the main meal (dd had Pellegrino fizzy water), which we ate at 5:30. Pumpkin pie, baklava and chocolate fudge were the desserts. We didn't eat the pie (too full). :chef:

In our little community, we share holidays. My friend "does" a prime rib roast with all the trimmings. I usually wind up carving it, and the past few years I've sworn I'm bringing my own carving set. So I did this year. My contribution was something to nibble on while waiting for dinner. No fancy thing that can pass for dinner, something light. Since the dinner is a sort of old-fashioned one, hubby asked me to just make stuffed celery. I thought it was a dumb, too-easy idea, but did it anyway. It really was just perfect, and I sure didn't have to work very hard to do it! Everyone enjoyed the "retro" celery, but no one was filled up too much to enjoy the wonderful dinner. The beef was perfectly cooked (which to me means that there is rare in the middle for us who like it that way, but the outer slices are well done enough for those who like their meat gray), and my carving set came into its own ... I had thin slices, thick slices, etc. In previous years, I've used our hostess' knives and turned the thing into pulled beef.

made my pumpkin pie at 1AM this morning so dinner will be leftovers from last night and NEW pumpkin pie with whipped cream LOL we wouldn't have been able to eat pie yesterday anyway.

everyones dinners soud wonderful!!

Also had au jus, and dinner rolls. It was just the 3 of us, so didn't get really fancy. Potatoes were just roasted with some butter and onion, s&p. (leftover from previous night's boiled potatoes and Swedish meatballs)

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 159
I made the centerpiece

img_867838_0_3a34ff2a0e2ab5597537536af3c27ad3.jpg

img_867838_1_144aa9723bcc4cc3e3ba1c210d69b1aa.jpg

img_867838_2_16a9a17f7796597a28b212da5148f70a.jpg

img_867838_3_271ee51082b03b6c27db97d2f5919774.jpg

img_867838_4_8c7af294e099abade8fc144cbc0d653e.jpg

img_867838_5_47d35b60119a5c78734085df2e76c9ec.jpg

Clockwise: Baked potato (butter, sour cream and chives), Pasta Shells and Broccoli Aglio Olio, Eye round roast with burgundy gravy, yorkshire pudding, steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and brussels sprouts.

img_867838_6_7536809cfa4bb9790b6daba16f8619bb.jpg

and Sparkling Apple/Cranberry Cider. Not to fancy but tasty.
Oh My Goodness, your pictures are wonderful. I love your plates and the look of that roast!!! Thanks for sharing your Christmas pictures with us! :)

Also had au jus, and dinner rolls. It was just the 3 of us, so didn't get really fancy. Potatoes were just roasted with some butter and onion, s&p. (leftover from previous night's boiled potatoes and Swedish meatballs)
Nothing fancy? LOL... that would be really fancy, here! Your dinner looks gorgeous! :chef:

I made the centerpiece

Clockwise: Baked potato (butter, sour cream and chives), Pasta Shells and Broccoli Aglio Olio, Eye round roast with burgundy gravy, yorkshire pudding, steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and brussels sprouts.

img_867860_0_7536809cfa4bb9790b6daba16f8619bb.jpg

and Sparkling Apple/Cranberry Cider. Not to fancy but tasty.

It looks good to me!

Oh My Goodness, your pictures are wonderful. I love your plates and the look of that roast!!! Thanks for sharing your Christmas pictures with us! :)

thank you so much VB!!
did i miss your xmas dinner pics? i must go look again.

Fried turkey, ham, yeast rolls, dressing, sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, cranberry sauce mashed potatoes and gravy.

4213138371_bf10dfa99a_b.jpg

For desert Persimmon puff pastry tart.

4213135819_29453524b9_b.jpg
yummy!! i have never had fried turkey (i may burn the world down!! LOL) i would love to try it tough. your meal looks fantastic and i would love some of that mac and cheese!! my mom loved persimmons but i have never bought one (i can't figure out how to pick ripe ones).

Everything looks devine!! You're making me hungry, and it's not even 8 am. here! :)

Everything had to be transported, so I had it all done on Christmas Eve.

The Gingered Sweet Potatoes with Black Walnuts was a hit with the few people who like sweet potatoes. My SIL magic-ed away the left-over cheesecake before returning me my pan. The Macadamia-Almond Brittle was wildly popular with a few people, while most preferred the dime-a-dozen, commodity peanut brittle.

Everything had to be transported, so I had it all done on Christmas Eve.

The Gingered Sweet Potatoes with Black Walnuts was a hit with the few people who like sweet potatoes. My SIL magic-ed away the left-over cheesecake before returning me my pan. The Macadamia-Almond Brittle was wildly popular with a few people, while most preferred the dime-a-dozen, commodity peanut brittle.
well it all LOOKED so good its no wonder it was "magic-ed" away!! YUMMY!!

No, you didn't miss any pictures. My potatoes made it to dinner, but I didn't. I've been sick as a dog off/on for the last week. I'll survive, though.
i've been sick also for the last week and a half.

Back
Top Bottom