What are you/will you be eating Wednesday 4/11/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight may be kabobs. Not sure if they will be marinated beef or chicken. Veggies will be orange, yellow red and green bells, onion, mushrooms and small tomatoes.

Tonight may be kabobs. Not sure if they will be marinated beef or chicken. Veggies will be orange, yellow red and green bells, onion, mushrooms and small tomatoes.

I've been thinking about that exact meal for days, and it is a great day for grilling here. Hmmmmmm. I may need to run to the store.

CD

Busy day today so I'll resort to TJ's orange chicken stir-fried with pea pods, pepper and mushrooms.

I seared boneless country pork ribs and buried them in a pot of baked beans. Currently in the oven alongside a baked potato. I bought fresh salad makings, so will put a green salad together too.

The shrimp etouffee.

Attachments

• 2018-04-11 18.11.12.jpg
    2018-04-11 18.11.12.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 113
Oh my, everything looks and sounds wonderful folks!

My plan WAS to make a Chicken Stir Fry.
For the very first time EVER, I am clean OUT of Chicken,
can you believe that? :LOL:

So, I went deep-freeze-diving (well, actually as I was ripping through, looking for Chicken) and found some Meatballs.

It'll now be Rigatoni with Meatballs, Trader Joe's Marinara and TJ's Half Baked Idea mini Ciabatta for our evening meal.

Reheated the leftover manicotti from a couple of nights ago. Mrs. T says it's as good as the night I made it, but I prefer the fresh stuff. However, I'm not going to argue. Spinach salad on the side.

Well we decided to make both beef and chicken kabobs, roasted veggies and jasmine rice.

Veggies Before

roasted_veggies_uncooked_041118_IMG_3964.jpg

After

roasted_veggies_cooked_041118_IMG_3970.JPG

Kabobs Before

kabobs_uncooked_041118_IMG_3966.jpg

Beef After

kabobs_beef_cooked_041118_IMG_3974.jpg

Chicken After

kabobs_chicken_cooked_041118_IMG_3975.jpg

Dinner served

kabobs_veggies_cooked_041118_IMG_3979.jpg

I'll be doing an Asian marinated pork loin in the sous vide, and I'm thinking Dragon Lady Sesame noodles, and some stir fried veggies would work well.

My get up and go, got up and went.

I combined the cold Asian noodles with slivered raw stir fry veggies for "noodle veggie salad", using the boiled pork marinade with some more RW vinegar and sesame oil for the dressing.
The pork was wonderful after finishing on the searing burner, and the noodle salad along with Jasmine rice was just right.
We ate too fast for pictures.

Easy dinner tonight. Four-cheese ravioli with homemade pesto I froze last summer, drizzled with Tuscan herb-infused olive oil and cucumber-lemon white balsamic vinegar, topped with toasted pine nuts. Tomato-cucumber-avocado salad for me and all that plus romaine for DH.
0411182001a.jpg

Thank you msmofet for the nudge in the back I needed to do some kabobs.

The top one is some beef tenderloin I had in the freezer that I needed to use, with some Texas 1015 sweet onions.

The "veggie" skewer is orange and red bell peppers, 1015 onions, and mushrooms.

Everything was drizzled with EVOO, and seasoned with just a hint of salt (gotta watch that), black pepper, cayenne pepper, and granulated garlic.

It was like summer on a plate.

CD

Attachments

• Kabobs001.jpg
    Kabobs001.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 95
I ran across a recipe for bacon wrapped chicken breasts. Thought I'd try it. What a pain it was trying to get that bacon around the chicken! Really couldn't taste it, either. Dinner was still good, but I won't do the bacon wrap again.

Anyway, in addition to the chicken we had roasted creamer potatoes, and roasted mixed veggies of cauliflower-broccoli-carrots. Cheesy garlic toast, too, using up the last roll from last week's hot dogs. (Himself had to get sub rolls because the store was out of hot dog buns.)

Attachments

• 20180411_212925.jpg
    20180411_212925.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom