What are your thanksgiving meals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You bet you can come, Alix! All of you, in fact! (Just give me an RSVP by tomorrow evening so that I can adjust the amounts and coordinate sons for airport pickups, etc.....)

This year, it will only be the four of us, unless the husband can convince a young fellow from work and his wife to join us. They're brand new to the area, short on funds and more than a little homesick! Wonderful young couple, too! (And she likes good scotch! ;) )

Now, you all know you're invited to Burns Nite in January, don't you? Which reminds me: WHERE IN THE HECK IS LIFTER LATELY????? I miss him!

Hello all, are you ready for thanksgiving?? This might be a stupid question :oops: but do you cook the day before thanksgiving? Or do you cook on the thanksgiving day? Looks like you will need a lot of time to cook so I'm wondering...

Hi norgeskog, I'm an international student from Japan and live in Oklahoma. I'm happy because I have no class this week :D

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

We cook on both days. Since we cook for other folks, some get it the day before. Then we cook ours on Thanksgiving.

Some prep goes on the day or two before. make dessets, cook corn bread and biscuits for dressings, etc.

Normally for Thanksgiving we have

Cheese appetizers- pastachios- and any others that guest bring
Turkey and gravy
grandma's stuffing
Vidalia onion casserole- very sweet onions mixed with parmesan and ritz cracker topping
sweet potato casserole- Mine is made with brown sugar on top which creates a sweet crunch on top of the potatoes.
green bean casserole
homemade bread
and
pumpkin chiffon pie

But, this year since it is just my boyfriend and I in a small apartment our friends have invited us to their apartment for Thanksgiving. I will bring my vaidalia onion casserole and my boyfriend is going to bring his cranberry chutney, but my friend is going to cook what she usually has for Thanksgiving which is

stuffed mushrooms
artichoke parmesan dip
Turkey and gravy
oyster stuffing
mashed potatoes
green bean casserole
corn
rolls
pumpkin pie

DooDooDucky
What part of Oklahoma? My family is from Norman, just south of Oklahoma City. My brother currently goes to Oklahoma University and my sister is in Law school there. My cousin goes to Oklahoma State up in Stillwater. I'm currently living in New York though.

I hope you have a good Thanksgiving. We normally fix a lot of casseroles because you can normally assemble them the day before and then you can just throw them in the oven the day of. It makes entertaining on Thanksgiving day much easier.

Hmmm for thanksgiving with asian dishes

Asian style turkey - soy sauce, green onion, ginger, more soy sauce, sugar, more sugar, some black vinegar

Mashed potatoes with gravey

Jelly fish cold appetizer with carrots and umm that white vegetable

Fried oodong noodles

Stuffing

Pie/ cheesecake

Lots of soda

kyles said:
Wow............I wanna know how you manage to move after all that!!!! I love the idea of Thanksgiving, Christmas is the biggie here, and most peoples Turkey Day, although we don't much like turkey in our household.

Kyles - I'm with you..... those menus are amazing and what a lot of dishes! 8)

Christmas is becoming more popular in Scotland, although it is still more child-based than in England - but we do eat the traditional turkey or goose... Now, Hogmanay... THAT is what I call a celebration!

abjcooking said:
DooDooDucky
What part of Oklahoma? My family is from Norman, just south of Oklahoma City. My brother currently goes to Oklahoma University and my sister is in Law school there. My cousin goes to Oklahoma State up in Stillwater. I'm currently living in New York though.

I hope you have a good Thanksgiving. We normally fix a lot of casseroles because you can normally assemble them the day before and then you can just throw them in the oven the day of. It makes entertaining on Thanksgiving day much easier.

Hi I live in SW OKC. Currently I go to community college and I'm graduating next month! Did you have a good Thanksgiving?? I hope everyone had a good time!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom