What can I eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsi88kid

Senior Cook
Hey guys me again I haven't been on for a few days because my mouth is killing me. I have an infection and I need to get three teeth pulled. It hurts so much I can't eat solids which brings me to my question

Can you guys think of anything that I could drink besides nutrition drinks or milkshakes cause I'm getting so sick of vanilla shakes haha. Get back to me please thanks everyone.

kid, when i had my wisdom teeth pulled, my mom happened to make her delicious chicken parm and spaghetti that night. not to be deterred, i put some of both into a blender, added some sauce and a little hot water and had a chicken parm and pasta shake for dinner. i know it sounds gross, but my mom's chicken parm is so good it actually wasn't bad as a shake.:chef:

i wouldn't recommend doing the chicken thing, but some overcooked pasta can be pulse blended down into small pieces so you can swallow them without chewing. if your mouth can take the acidity of tomato sauce, add that. if not, add some hot chicken broth, or butter and cheese, or just evoo.

it may not be great, at least you'll get some solids into your stomach.

pudding, Jell-0,

Did your dentist give you any thing for pain or any anti- biotics??

ya wanna get some clove oil on it until you can see your dentist, it tastes horrible but does kill the pain for a little bit.

how about cheese and potatoe pie?

sticky rice, fish, pastas (over cooked a little) and such, it has Some texture but even a baby without teeth can eat them :)

Scramble yourself some eggs -soft ones, w/bread and butter (cut the crusts off). Good luck ! You'll be eating steak in no time !!

All really good ideas. I hope that you have an appointment with your dentist sooner rather than later. Take care.

Yea I have an appointment to get three wisdom teeth out on monday which stinks but as long as I'm recovered and 100% in a week for yhe culinary competion ima be in ill be ok.

And thank you for all the support guys cause man you have nooooo idea what I would do right now to eat a cheeseburger.

I told my gf I was gonna make a mozzarella flavored nutrition drink she said I was crazy haha.

Well, you can puree anything - but if your mouth hurts as bad as my throat did when I had my tonsils out (on my 21st birthday) - and you don't feel like cooking and pureeing or drinking shakes and smoothes all the time - think Cream of Wheat, cream soups and Junior Baby Food! Yeah, it's not 4-Star gourmet - but it won't kill you for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom