What did you eat Sunday November 15, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes and steamed broccoli.

meatloaf_scalloped_potatoes_111520_IMG_7402.jpg

I had a couple of hotdogs on toasted buns with brown mustard and sauerkraut and french fries.

Stirling made tacos. I chopped the onions and chiffonaded the lettuce. He added chopped cayenne pepper to his "taco meat". It was hotter than he expected. That's why I only used the mild, green salsa on my tacos. We often add some kind of pickled pepper when we assemble our tacos, but not today. :LOL: It was tasty and satisfying.

Attachments

• PXL_20201115_232732293.jpg
    PXL_20201115_232732293.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 65
We finally found out what Costco rotisserie chicken love is about. [emoji813] I gave my SIL a night off from cooking and made sides of steamed broccoli and pan roasted red potatoes.

IMG_20201115_192927289_HDR.jpg

I made a few tacos, with fresh corn tortillas, that leftover chili, some queso fresco, and some of that fresh lettuce, from the hydro. The rest of that chili went in the freezer.

A Moroccan vegetable tagine ( Tomato base, string beans and potatoes from the garden). Been making this for about 25 years. Had it for the first time while eating over at a friends house. It was the first time I ever (noticeably) had cinnamon in a savory dish. Totally an eye opener, and hav been making variations of it ever since.

A Moroccan lava bean soup (Bessara). Since I really dont travel abroad much, I'm always watching specials on different countries, their culture and cuisine. Came across this soup while watching some guys video documentation on his travels through Morocco. Meh, it was ok. Good enough to eat, but not good enough to make again ( unless I come across a noticeably better recipe). Its also can be made as a thicker version to use as a dip, maybe it would be better as a dip.

Salad from lettuce I still have growing in the garden and sprouts ( lentils, cabbage, mixed lettuce and turnip that I got growing in the kitchen). Had a frost the other day which didn't wip bout the lettuce. Ill tory and get a row cover on it so I can extend its season for a few more weeks.

All served on my fine China ;) . ( 2 bowls from the dollar store and thee third from an Asian market in Chinatown.

***Now looking at the pic, my OCD is kicking in, and I'm bothered that the cous cous is on the left and not the right. Im guessing after the pic I spun it around :rolleyes: ***

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 5.53.42 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 5.53.42 AM.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 49
Suffering from laziness, I fired up the air fryer and opened the freezer to have breaded shrimp and pork egg rolls. I grumbled but, made tarter sauce and dipping sauce for the rolls. :ermm:

I did bake a chocolate cake, earlier so, not totally lazy. ;)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom