What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today my lunch bag consisted of a tuna wrap sandwich (tuna salad, cheese, dill pickle and mustard in a flour tortilla--I warmed it up in the microwave at work--the cheese gets all melty. YUM!), a big dill pickle (yes, I love pickles), small spinach salad and an apple (which I didn't eat)..... bottled water.

Last edited:
We have potluck tonight and I was busy preparing food for that. Wanted to make something easy and healthy. Made spinach rice. Healthy and my kids love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
No lunch yet as I had a late breakfast, but when I do eat lunch I'm going to finish the turkey neck and liver from the turkey I cooked earlier in the week. Those are two of my favorite parts of a turkey and no one else ever wants them, so I'm a happy camper.

Not sure why you think that, Kathleen :) Maybe you need to try a few more places. And remember that "good" is relative.

I had a tuna salad sandwich with a dill pickle, today, too! Lots of tuna today.

We've tried just about every pizza place within driving range of Ft. Worth. Now we're working on Dallas side since we've moved that way. We tried several of the chains like Domino's (apparently crappy no matter where you go), Mr. Jim's (Average at best ... eat only when drunk so you don't remember), Nizza Pizza (average), Joe's Pizza (decent, and we tried all the places that had the name Joe in them .. too many to describe all of them), Pizza Hut (another average, no matter where you go, and they ripped off our debit card) and then we found Big Joe's ... it was the best so far.

We had the same problem in Florida, we found only 2 places that were good ... one a little hole in the wall place called Le May's ... it had about 3 tables inside, that's how small it was ... but possibly the best pizza ever :) The other good pizza place down there is one we had in the north, Donato's ...

Good pizza to us is full of fresh flavor, plenty of sauce (and not just open a can of tomato sauce and dump it on), spices, and pepperoni-n-cheese. When we go for the big Supreme's, we like fresh veggies on there that aren't out of a can ... one's that retain a little life after the oven. Most of the ones I mentioned above that were average at best often fell short on sauce ... for some reason people overlook sauce on a pizza and it makes it very dry if you do. Another of my pet peeves when it comes to pizza is the veggies ... they are always as limps as yesterdays overcooked noodles. Why can these places not use fresh veggies or not overcook the ones they have?

I know that "good" is relative ... but I think the above mentioned items are standard ... if you can't get the basics right ... try another venue. I would have to say, going through the phone book, that chefkathleen and I have gone through at least 80% or more of the pizza places named in the Ft. Worth phone book ... and with only one or two that fit the basic criteria laid out ... that's a pretty low percentage of the basic "good". Out of around 100 or more places eaten below said "line", three out of that many says 3% or less are "good", just by basic standards and not a relativity. I could go on about the things that make them good to us but not others, but I'd rather just base my opinion of "goodness" based on simple basics. I can find more McDonalds with good food down here than pizza places, and I hate McDonalds.

My grandson and I had oven roasted turkey breast on whole wheat with mayo, and we split a little bag of cheddar Sun Chips - he had juice and I had iced tea.

Not sure why you think that, Kathleen :) Maybe you need to try a few more places. And remember that "good" is relative.

Things are getting a little fishy around here. :ROFLMAO:

You have to have a dill pickle with a tuna sandwich.... or any sandwich.

For dinner (off-topic), it's a shrimp cocktail .... baked salmon fillet and roasted potatoes. :rolleyes:

Because I had that for dinner the other night and put the idea in everyone's mind.:LOL:

"Bag Lunch. It was tasty, brought back memories. Tuna sandwich, potato chips, dill pickle, side salad and a coke."

We had the same problem in Florida, we found only 2 places that were good ... one a little hole in the wall place called Le May's ... it had about 3 tables inside, that's how small it was ... but possibly the best pizza ever :)

I think that's the key - the best places are often the small, hole-in-the-wall, one-of-a-kind local hangouts :) And I agree with you about the sauce - for me, that makes the pizza.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom