What do you feed/avoid feeding your kids when they are sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks so much you guys. Madeleine was herself by this morning. She is a very picky eater (which I forgot to mention earlier...oops) and would only take some toast, soda crackers and chicken noodle soup. I did manage to stave off the dehydration with freezies. I wish I'd had the Gatorade as she loves it, but couldn't get out to go buy any. Pedialyte was greeted with a sneer and a fake retch. LOL.

She is teeny as I mentioned before, not quite 50lbs and nearly 9. Skinny and real heck on wheels when she is well. Normally can't fill the kid up, I have often remarked she must have a tapeworm to eat so much and not ever gain any weight. Oh for a metabolism like that!! Thank you again for the many suggestions, this was a short lived virus thank God, I hate it when they are sick.

Good old Audeo can save anybody's day...

One point, if you are still on line, Audeo...

You mention the low fat issue as an aside, for milk and dairy...

But you say its okay to put "cheese" into the diet relatively quickly... (???)

"Cheese" an be many things, from Brie to Parmesan...or "low fat cottage cheese"...these have distinctly different characteristics...

Likewise, although I was raised on "homogenised" milk, and I inadvertantly tortured a skinny daughter with "plus 2%" raw milk, before I understood she was lactose intolerant...I switched us over to skim milk a number of years back, until I saw an advice that 1% was better as it gave a satisfaction to some requirement for "fats" in ingesting milk...

If you have the time, could you comment?

Otherwise, I'm landing with a "mixed message" on metabolism, and probably others as well...

Lifter

crewsk said:
Mine get put on the BRAT diet when they have tummy problems. Broth, Rice, Applesauce, Toast & they get ginger ale to drink of if they need it PediaSure to keep them from geeting dehydrated. Dairy is a BIG no no! I learned that one the hard way too. Jello is another good thing.

LOL, Brat diet, thats funny! But it does work.

Back
Top Bottom