What goes well with potatoes and Polish sausage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chiclet

Assistant Cook
I am dicing some potatoes and polish sausage and frying them in a little butter with seasoned salt, but it is so sad with just 2 ingredients. I was thinking of doing some cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce as a side dish, but can anyone think of something yummy to add to the potatoes?:neutral:

green pepper
yellow pepper
red pepper
peppers with heat
scallion
mushroom
celery
thin sliced carrot
parsley (at the end)
parsnips - need a precook
grated cheese - once off the heat

pick a couple... [g]

I am dicing some potatoes and polish sausage and frying them in a little butter with seasoned salt, but it is so sad with just 2 ingredients. I was thinking of doing some cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce as a side dish, but can anyone think of something yummy to add to the potatoes?:neutral:

Cabbage
Caraway seeds

Hi and welcome to DC...My family loves sausage and potatoes, but we do add some onion and a touch of garlic to to the potatoes...Some red pepper flakes can liven it up if you like a little heat..Try a green salad nothing fancy just a tomato and a few slices of avocado some evoo and a good red wine vinegar...some warm french bread and butter...Dinner is now ready:LOL:
kadesma

I would definitely add onions. I would like cabbage, too, but your broccoli and cheese sauce will work fine.
Beer is starting to sound good to me again, Bob. I must be getting well. DH said he knew I was sick when I lost my taste for it.

All the replies sound wonderful. I love cabbage with potatoes, especially when they are with polish sausage or kielbasa. I could have that combination every day and not get sick of it, strangely enough. The three would be good together in some sort of meat pie too, having a biscuit-like crust. I've been meaning to experiment with that.

Add Caraway seed (some crushed and some whole) and either fresh or dried dill to the potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom