What Goodness is on your Friday table? March 7th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am making meatloaf. I bought large packs of beef and pork which I will be grinding together to make several loaves. I will cook one today with roasted carrots, potatoes and onions topped with mushroom gravy. The others will be put in the freezer raw for future meals.

TB loves meatloaf sandwiches so I slice up leftovers and freeze in single serving portions.

What are you planning for tonight?

I am making meatloaf. I bought large packs of beef and pork which I will be grinding together to make several loaves. I will cook one today with roasted carrots, potatoes and onions topped with mushroom gravy. The others will be put in the freezer raw for future meals.

TB loves meatloaf sandwiches so I slice up leftovers and freeze in single serving portions.

What are you planning for tonight?
I notice your meatloaf is, of course, gluten-free. How is the texture? What's the texture like when the single servings thaw? Stirling and I love meatloaf sammies too.

SO found a recipe for pistachio curry chicken in a Stop & Shop booklet and thought it would be tasty so I'm making that for dinner tonight. I'm also make bulgar pilaf and baby spinach sautéed with olive oil and garlic.

I made DH a sandwich for lunch consisting of the Armour experimental chicken breast bacon ranch lunchmeat from DH's brother's company, cooked on the griddler, along with aged cheddar, sliced avocado, lettuce, mustard and mayo. I really hope this meat will be offered to the public at some point, it's delicious. And filling. We have half a sandwich and some leftover turkey chili to finish tonight.

I made Sausage bread today so several slices of that and over easy eggs to be dipped in will be dinner.

img_1349671_0_32907d726a2781e6089b52068cdebc17.jpg

Ooo, sausage bread sounds evilly delicious msmofet! :yum:

This Jury of One is out on the finished dinner entree today. I defrosted langostinos. Perhaps Chinese something over rice. Perhaps a lemon sauce with asparagus or a mascarpone sauce with mushrooms, either of those over pasta. We'll see what I'm in the mood for when the time comes. I'd ask Himself if he has a preference, but his answer will be "whatever". He's no help...

Ooo, sausage bread sounds evilly delicious msmofet! :yum:

This Jury of One is out on the finished dinner entree today. I defrosted langostinos. Perhaps Chinese something over rice. Perhaps a lemon sauce with asparagus or a mascarpone sauce with mushrooms, either of those over pasta. We'll see what I'm in the mood for when the time comes. I'd ask Himself if he has a preference, but his answer will be "whatever". He's no help...

Thank you.

PSSSST what about lobster sauce?

Sure msm, throw another suggestion into my pot! :LOL: However, I'm not a big fan of lobster sauce. And I probably don't have all the ingredients anyway. Since I'm the cook in this house I'm guessing it's not an option.

Seems like everything's different here in New England! :LOL: I've tried it a couple times, both back home and here. Didn't really like either. We've found the same thing to be true with the "gravy" served with Egg Fu Yung. We prefer the version that is more like beef gravy with soy sauce. Most places by us make a cornstarch version with a sweet taste. We make sure to keep track of the places that have the beef gravy version.

The other thing with lobster sauce being a issue for tonight...we're Catholic and still do the no meat on Friday's thing. Pork isn't an option.

I came home from the hospital yesterday - yay! - and a friend's husband came by earlier with a container of Brunswick stew she made for us. I'm thawing a third of a loaf of French bread to toast and serve with it. Can't wait to dig in!

We'll have chicken-marsala ravioli in tomato sauce, broiled stuffed mushrooms, romaine salad with grape tomatoes and pine nuts and drizzled with homemade Italian dressing, buttered baguette, iced tea. King cake for dessert.

CG and Andy, I know what you mean about eggs fu young being made "just right". An old Chinese guy makes the best EFY. The gravy does have a little cornstarch, you can tell because of the cleariness yet it has the best flavor. The egg dish itself is as thick as a lasagna yet light and airy. We stopped ordering elsewhere since his can't be beat. Whether we order for two, 3 or more, we have watched him wok cook it and he divides it into perfect portions. No, don't bother asking for a family size container.

When we call and order ahead, he always says, ok, about 15 minutes, ok about 20 minutes. That doesn't mean how long until your order is ready, The time means how long to make your order. He begins cooking when you arrive for pick up. :LOL:

S&P. Chuckle. Both the shrimp and esp the lobster look Delicious.

We opted for a local pub's Friday night fish dinners. Alaskan Pollock made with a local beer, batter fried. very crisp, relatively greaseless and good tasting for a mild fish. No, I can't tell the difference from one beer batter to the next, it could be club soda Different from rolled in corn meal, that I can differentiate. The French fries were hand cut twice fried, cole slaw. I had an extra piece of fish. We walked around and looked in a couple shops. We stopped and got ice cream cones for the ride home. I'm stuffed.

This Jury of One is out on the finished dinner entree today. I defrosted langostinos. Perhaps Chinese something over rice...
And that's what we ended up with. Finished off not only the langostinos but also bok choy, pea pods, and mushrooms. The sauce for this dish called for more rice wine than we liked. Next time I'll use half the amount and add more veggie broth. I tried to mellow tonight's with a splash of sherry - it helped.

Attachments

• 2014-03-07 21.23.36.jpg
    2014-03-07 21.23.36.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom