What happened to the dine with us night??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey TG, Alix and I talked about this just the other day, maybe too late for this coming weekend, but for the next weekend, either "Pizzoccheri" day (the buckwheat pasta recipe I posted the other day...), or if this is too limited, maybe an "Italian alps day", which can include Polentas, Fondues (or Fonduta), Risotto Milanese, Tiramisu etc.
This is in honour of the Winter Olympics in Torino, we can do that just in time for the finale... what do you think??:)

Licia,
Italian Alps day would be fantastic..But, you have to show off you new recipe so we can get some ideas from it..Emmm emmm, this sounds great.

kadesma:)

Other than the fondue, i have no idea what the rest is. LOL
I try just about anything at least once though. I doubt that I would be able to find any buckwheat pasta though. So, basically, Italian dishes?
I go to the grocery store on Fridays,so, it's not too late for me. But, if it is for everyone else, then next week it is. Sooooo, what's on this week? German? Hawaiian? Island?.....any ideas?? This sounds good to me.http://www.recipegoldmine.com/worldcaribbean/caribbean54.html

Last edited:
I suggested lasagna last week, but I don't think anyone joined me...
I think thai would be fun but I'm up for anything! I've been looking for an excuse to make piccolina's cheese & pesto mushrooms too.
urmaniac, who are those dudes on your avatar?

Last edited:
corazon90 said:
I suggested lasagna last week, but I don't think anyone joined me...
I think thai would be fun but I'm up for anything! I've been looking for an excuse to make piccolina's cheese & pesto mushrooms too.
urmaniac, who are those dudes on your avatar?

I couldn't make the lasagna, corazon, I'm sorry. I'm trying to be good:angel:
I'm excersising again and trying to eat better. Not too sure on what's real good, but, I know all the cheese that I love in my lasagna definately wasn't:mrgreen:

Cora!! You haven't watched the men's figure skating finals today!! Bad!! :mrgreen: (j/k!! I am the skating nuts!!)

These lovely boys are the winners!! Unbelievably 3 of my favourites finished as top 3!!

Well I just posted the dine with us thread for the next weekend...

We can do the Thai the week after or if you are going to beat me up, I can change the plan for the next weekend, too...:LOL:

texasgirl said:
Other than the fondue, i have no idea what the rest is. LOL
I try just about anything at least once though. I doubt that I would be able to find any buckwheat pasta though. So, basically, Italian dishes?

TG, the specialties in the alpine region of Italy is a bit particular... I posted some ideas and links on the new thread, including the complete recipe for pizzoccheri, with the instruction to make your own pasta... but if all fails I am sure the recipe will turn nearly as delicious with fresh tagliatelle.

And... if other people can hurry up, maybe we could adopt Cora's idea about Thai for this coming weekend?

urmaniac13 said:
Cora!! You haven't watched the men's figure skating finals today!! Bad!! :mrgreen: (j/k!! I am the skating nuts!!)

These lovely boys are the winners!! Unbelievably 3 of my favourites finished as top 3!!

Well I just posted the dine with us thread for the next weekend...

We can do the Thai the week after or if you are going to beat me up, I can change the plan for the next weekend, too...:LOL:
:hammer: :bash: :ninja: :boxing: :bangin:
lol. here i am beating you up with a little samauri ninja thrown in. don't have tv, the olympics is the only time I ever miss having tv reception. I would have watched it if I could, I like the skating!

Sounds good for the weekend. Either Fri or Sun for me. I need some help with the polenta though, urmaniac. I like it but don't know how to make it the way I like it. There's a creamy polenta and a baked type polenta? I like the latter, but how oh how do I make it that way?! I suppose I'll refrain my punches so you can reply. :LOL:

What does everyone think about Philipino this weekend? I got all the pancit ingredients and will be adding chicken and shrimp. I also got some pot stickers wraps to fill them with a pork and veggie mixture. Thai would also be great. Let us know what other suggestions you all have.

I'll sit this one out too. I can't get a lot of the things that go with Thai and filipino dishes that sound good. I think I'll make the island recipe that I found. You guys post what you made.

corazon90 said:
:hammer: :bash: :ninja: :boxing: :bangin:
lol. here i am beating you up with a little samauri ninja thrown in. don't have tv, the olympics is the only time I ever miss having tv reception. I would have watched it if I could, I like the skating!

Sounds good for the weekend. Either Fri or Sun for me. I need some help with the polenta though, urmaniac. I like it but don't know how to make it the way I like it. There's a creamy polenta and a baked type polenta? I like the latter, but how oh how do I make it that way?! I suppose I'll refrain my punches so you can reply. :LOL:

Ooooouchhhh okay enough basta, uncle!!!
Yeah actually, I am the same way... I so rarely watch television and when the olympic started it had been so long since I turned it on the last time, I had hard time remembering how to get it to work!! (Ours is very complicated, everything from satellite receiver, projector, dvd player, sound system control and some other Cris's hightech gadget all hooked up together!!)

Anyway I posted some more info on polenta and also grissini on the next week's dine with us thread!! Hope that helps!!

Yeah, too bad it is a bit too late to plan anything for this weekend, I am afraid, especially if it is an exotic theme and special shopping is required... hey, for just a quickie, "grilled cheese weekend"??:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom