What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I often pour out 50 grams of salted cashews for a snack.

I was at Costco with CWS last year and picked up a jar of cashews. CWS, "What do you use those for?" Me, "I eat them." :LOL:

Has anyone else tried these yet?
StacysBakeShopBananaNut.jpg

Just bought a box when I shopped on Saturday and tried one. Such self control, as they are pretty tasty! They could become a problem if I don't watch myself, but they aren't cheap (20 pieces in the box for $2.50) so they'll remain an occasional treat. Besides, I wanted to save some calories for my nightly whine wine.

CG , we often only eat two meals a day as well (weekends and when on vacation) we fill the gap between breakfast and dinner with cheese and crackers or veggies and dip or fruit, sometimes sourdough bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. BTW, often the "two meal a day" days are usually because we started with a late breakie or we are busy (shopping, yard work etc)

Three snacks

1. I sometimes snack on Wheat Thins Hint of Salt.

2. A dozen green grapes is another snack of mine.

3. I do enjoy Laura Scudder's Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Unsalted and Bonne Maman raspberry preserves on Triscuit Hint of Salt.

I had just finished a jar of that good ol' Smuckers natural peanut butter (which I mostly dip celery sticks into) and was at the grocery to get another, when I spied a jar of almond butter and decided to try it. Nah - too sweet. It's hands-down Smuckers for me. Now what will I do with the almond butter?

Pour the oil off. Bea, you're a genius! That almond butter was a bear to stir up completely, too.

finished off a mix of cream cheese, capers, cut up smoked salmon, finely chopped green onion with ritz crackers so good.
kades

Sounds good kades!

I like a little something sweetish with my last cup of coffee sometimes. Had just two (can't believe my self-control!)) of those Stacey's banana bread chips I mentioned earlier. Perfect! My next snack had better be more wholesome than fun though...

I had just finished a jar of that good ol' Smuckers natural peanut butter (which I mostly dip celery sticks into) and was at the grocery to get another, when I spied a jar of almond butter and decided to try it. Nah - too sweet. It's hands-down Smuckers for me. Now what will I do with the almond butter?

Pour the oil off. Bea, you're a genius! That almond butter was a bear to stir up completely, too.

Sounds nice Lizzie :)

Okay, I don't know if this counts as a "snack" or lunch or "brunch" or what, but it is very tasty!

(serves 1 but multiply everything by the number of people eating)

1. Hard boil 1 egg
2. While the egg is boiling, dice a small tomato and lightly toast a slice of your favourite bread (if you didn't use your grill (broiler?) to do the toast, turn your grill on to pre-heat)
3. Shell the egg and put it in a bowl. Mash it well with a fork.
4. Throw the chopped tomato and 1 dessert spoon of mayo in with the egg, season to taste (don't add much salt unless you like things really salty, but lots of fresh ground black pepper) and mix
5. Pile the mixture on top of your toast, smooth out, and put under a medium grill for a few minutes (you want to heat the mixture, not brown or burn it, so this is no time to leave the kitchen!) About 2 minutes should do.

Toastily tasty!

Last edited:
Right now I'm eating Crunchmaster roasted vegetable crackers. Great taste with the right amount of spiciness.

We didn't eat lunch yesterday, we had a late breakfast, and we were planning a big supper. So.....we had smoked salmon on crackers, one of my favorite snacks!

Make PB cookies substituting the almond butter. :angel:

Well, I don't eat breakfast or lunch. So I tend to just graze most of the time. Right now it is Triscuits with butter on them. Last night I had one Italian sausage. :angel:

...spied a jar of almond butter and decided to try it. Nah - too sweet. It's hands-down Smuckers for me. Now what will I do with the almond butter?....

Thanks for the "too sweet" review. Now I know to avoid that like I do Nutella. Shocker, this chocoholic doesn't like Nutella! To me it's more sugary than chocolatey.

I wonder if you could mix the almond butter with cream cheese and use as a bagel spread. Or thin it out and use it as a dipping sauce for PuPu platter type foods. Maybe use it in baking some sort of recipe that calls for peanut butter. OK, I came up with 3. You're on your own for the next couple. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom