What have you had for a snack lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the "too sweet" review. Now I know to avoid that like I do Nutella. Shocker, this chocoholic doesn't like Nutella! To me it's more sugary than chocolatey.

I wonder if you could mix the almond butter with cream cheese and use as a bagel spread. Or thin it out and use it as a dipping sauce for PuPu platter type foods. Maybe use it in baking some sort of recipe that calls for peanut butter. OK, I came up with 3. You're on your own for the next couple. ;)
I can't eat Nutella, but I don't find almond butter too sweet. Maybe there was sugar added? I know there is sugar added to some peanut butter.

I often pour out 50 grams of salted cashews for a snack.

I was at Costco with CWS last year and picked up a jar of cashews. CWS, "What do you use those for?" Me, "I eat them." :LOL:

Absolutely, I don't eat them in front of Shrek, though...they are his favorite and he can't chew them anymore. Mine, allll mine!!!!:mrgreen:

Absolutely, I don't eat them in front of Shrek, though...they are his favorite and he can't chew them anymore. Mine, allll mine!!!!:mrgreen:

Cashew butter! I would think it would be like making almond butter.

Oh, sorry, PF, you didn't want Shrek to see your stash....

I can't eat Nutella, but I don't find almond butter too sweet. Maybe there was sugar added? I know there is sugar added to some peanut butter.

I like the Maranatha Almond Butter the best. That goes on toast, on a spoon, licked off my fingers, on bread, tongue depressor (a new one:rolleyes:), with apples, celery, etc. ad nauseum.

Put the cashews in a food processor, and pulse the heck out of them. I made almond butter last year, no salt or sugar, it was some good stuff. It took a long time to make into butter, I would think cashews would be easier to process, they're a lot softer. Costco use-up.

Last edited:
I had prosciutto and fig sammies with nice creamy butter how good they tasted. I also had a small ice cream cone and iced coffee....I now feel like a :pig:
kades

Thanks for the "too sweet" review. Now I know to avoid that like I do Nutella. Shocker, this chocoholic doesn't like Nutella! To me it's more sugary than chocolatey.

I wonder if you could mix the almond butter with cream cheese and use as a bagel spread. Or thin it out and use it as a dipping sauce for PuPu platter type foods. Maybe use it in baking some sort of recipe that calls for peanut butter. OK, I came up with 3. You're on your own for the next couple. ;)

I like your idea of mixing the almond butter with cream cheese!

I agree with your assessment of Nutella. To me it tasted like chocolate thinned with water, and I couldn't taste any nut flavor at all.

After I finally broke down and bought some (it ain't cheap), I tried it a couple of times, couldn't stand it, and threw it out. Ugh!

*blush blush* Oops! It was tinlizzy that said almond butter was too sweet. Hmm, that's what I get for trying to remember who I'm replying to instead of quoting them. Stupid Old Brain Syndrome. :(

Just had a handful of Nabisco Better Cheddar crackers to go with my glass of wine. Cheese AND crackers together - the ultimate Lazy Person's snack. :LOL:

Kylie, I do like me a Lindt dark chocolate truffle. Every once in a while Himself brings a bag of those evil little balls home to me. Love him! But my favorite chocolate is Malley's, from Cleveland. They make a Nutmallow (dark or milk chocolate) that is to diet for! :yum: Loverly sends me a box every Christmas in their box of gifts for Mom and Dad. I taught the kids good. :)

*blush blush* Oops! It was tinlizzy that said almond butter was too sweet. Hmm, that's what I get for trying to remember who I'm replying to instead of quoting them. Stupid Old Brain Syndrome. :(

...:LOL:
Uhm, now I'm confused. I was just adding my two cents' worth. You don't like Nutella, I don't like Nutella. I don't think almond butter is too sweet, so since we agree on Nutella, you might not think almond butter is too sweet.

OK taxy, now I'm confused too! :LOL: Guess one of these days I'll try almond butter? Maybe. Anyway, at this point like the song goes "let's call the whole thing off"! ;)

I just had a slice of some new kind of bread my main grocery store started selling - a blueberry lemon "breakfast" bread. Not a quick bread like banana nut, but a raised dough one. It tastes fine but it has a strange fake lemon smell. Kinda like a solvent smell. :ohmy: Since it tastes fine I'll eat it. Had a slice a day or two ago and I didn't get sick, so it must be OK. Just OK. Won't buy it again, but won't pitch this one. Wonder how it would be for French toast?

OK taxy, now I'm confused too! :LOL: Guess one of these days I'll try almond butter? Maybe. Anyway, at this point like the song goes "let's call the whole thing off"! ;)

I just had a slice of some new kind of bread my main grocery store started selling - a blueberry lemon "breakfast" bread. Not a quick bread like banana nut, but a raised dough one. It tastes fine but it has a strange fake lemon smell. Kinda like a solvent smell. :ohmy: Since it tastes fine I'll eat it. Had a slice a day or two ago and I didn't get sick, so it must be OK. Just OK. Won't buy it again, but won't pitch this one. Wonder how it would be for French toast?

CG, you can make your own almond butter, just make sure your food processor is in good shape, as it takes awhile to pulse them into butter.

All of this talk about almond butter, I had to have a little on some celery while I make dinner. It is so good. :yum:

Ps. Those wonderful little Lindt truffles you were talking about.....well I live at the town where the big Lindt factory is that makes them here in France...............life is very difficult sometimes, go eat your heart out!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom