What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get some nutritional yeast and mix it in with the PB. That will increase the protein and give it more of a nutty flavor. You won't want to eat nutritional yeast by itself--it'll make your tongue stick to the roof of your mouth (I tried it!). It is very inexpensive and you should be able to find it at a bulk store or health-food store. I get mine at a bulk store (Bulk Barn), but I'm in Canada. You can also blend it in with your yogurt.
Now that is a good idea! I will mix some with my peanut butter, did not even realize that was an option. Thank you!!:)

There's no excuse to skip breakfast. These "eggs in a mug" recipes could go in the car with you.

Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person | mrfood.com
Those look great, thanks for sharing! I will try those.

Today I had 1/2 pkg nature valley granola bar, greek yogurt, coffee & 1 slice of light wheat bread with pbj.

Tried some "walden farms" peanut spread. It said 0 calories. Didn't choke it down to well as it tasted like paste. Nasty! But, after tracking my food I was pleasently suprised how much it dropped my calories for breakfast. So, now I mix 1 tsp of regular pb with the wf peanut spread. Works out nicely. I am still getting my 13 grams of protein for breakfast.:)

Those look great, thanks for sharing! I will try those.

Today I had 1/2 pkg nature valley granola bar, greek yogurt, coffee & 1 slice of light wheat bread with pbj.

Tried some "walden farms" peanut spread. It said 0 calories. Didn't choke it down to well as it tasted like paste. Nasty! But, after tracking my food I was pleasently suprised how much it dropped my calories for breakfast. So, now I mix 1 tsp of regular pb with the wf peanut spread. Works out nicely. I am still getting my 13 grams of protein for breakfast.:)
I really like the idea that you can prepare many of them in a mug. A person could take the ingredients to work and pop the mug in the microwave while grabbing a coffee or tea, or, eat the "egg in a mug" while driving.

If you poke around on the site, there are a lot of good breakfast ideas that include protein and take less than 5 minutes to prepare. Have you found a source for nutritional yeast?

Last edited:
I really like the idea that you can prepare many of them in a mug. A person could take the ingredients to work and pop the mug in the microwave while grabbing a coffee or tea, or, eat the "egg in a mug" while driving.

If you poke around on the site, there are a lot of good breakfast ideas that include protein and take less than 5 minutes to prepare. Have you found a source for nutritional yeast?
Not yet, but I will remember to bring some home from work tomorrow & sprinkle it in my yogurt, thanks for the reminder!:yum:

I started with a glass of tomato juice that was seasoned with the seasonings from the salsa, followed by two scrambled eggs with salsa (the bit that was too much for the jars, not enough for another jar), Swiss chard, and a side of Cavena Nuda--gosh, I love that stuff.

SO and I went out to a local diner yesterday for breakfast. She had a western omelet and hash browns. I had country fried steak with sausage gravy, home fries and eggs over easy.

No breakfast today.

SO and I went out to a local diner yesterday for breakfast. She had a western omelet and hash browns. I had country fried steak with sausage gravy, home fries and eggs over easy.

No breakfast today.

They both sound very good! I also tend to eat like that when we go out for breakfast. Not so much when I eat at home.

In the milk?

She uses coffee creamer. Not enough protein to give her the energy she needs through the day, and certainly not enough to keep her from picking, picking, and never feeling full and satisfied. She knows she needs protein with every meal. Even she has noticed the difference it makes in her day. :angel:

Fried egg, hash browns, German sausage, toast from homemade bread and raspberry jam. I'm full.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom