What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tomorrow make that a poached egg or two on a piece of that multi grain bread. Mix it up a little each day. Keep it interesting. :angel:
Thank you Addie, I appreciate the advice.:angel: I just cannot choke down egg yolks, whites ok, the yolks give me a terrible stomach ache.
Today was 2 slices of light wheat toast w dry roasted peanut butter (health food store grinds it fresh) & honey. 1 1/2 pcs of pre cooked jimmy dean turkey sausage links & black coffee. Our little chiwawa gladly eats the other 1 1/2 sausages.:angel::angel:

Not even hard boiled? You can have my whites also. :angel:
Not hard boiled either, not sure why. Eggs don't bother me in baked products, sometimes I wish they did, baked goods are my weakness. Dh is a baker. I asked him tonight to experiment with some cookie dough & protein powder. Maybe to make chocolate chip cookie dough, leave out the chocolate chips & replace them with walnuts, I love walnuts better than chocolate chips, then add some protein powder. He said he would try it, I will let you know how they turn out.:angel::angel:

Not hard boiled either, not sure why. Eggs don't bother me in baked products, sometimes I wish they did, baked goods are my weakness. Dh is a baker. I asked him tonight to experiment with some cookie dough & protein powder. Maybe to make chocolate chip cookie dough, leave out the chocolate chips & replace them with walnuts, I love walnuts better than chocolate chips, then add some protein powder. He said he would try it, I will let you know how they turn out. :angel: :angel:

That sounds like a great idea. You are getting the nutrients of the walnut and protein. Plus you can meet some of your need for sweets. :angel:

In keeping with my eat my big meal for breakfast, I decided a venison chop with sauteed mushrooms and red cabbage, a glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice was the ticket this morning.

Sunny but quite cold for our region. I decided that I'd make something different for breakfast to get our minds off the chilly weather.

So, in keeping with making a more elaborate breakfast on Sunday, I made an apple-cinnamon big Dutch baby, which Glenn had never had and really enjoyed. We finished off the last of the fried hog's jaw and had orange juice and coffee to drink. We're plenty full and there's still half of the Dutch baby left for tomorrow. But, of course, it's fallen by now. It'll still taste good warmed up, though.

I just finished my breakfast an hour ago. I guess that makes it more like brunch.

Attachments

• breakfast 11-24-13.jpg
    breakfast 11-24-13.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 162
I was the only one up at breakfast so I made a fried egg sandwich. Two eggs over hard with salt and pepper, cheese, mayo, ketchup on whole wheat bread. That and my coffee with butter pecan creamer. Not really hungry for lunch.

Ooh, is that some of your homebrewed bacon, Pac? Looks great!

It is!
There was enough there for two healthy helping of bacon BLT's, but I ate all eight slices for breakfast. Only six made it to the plate :angel:
I'll have to pull some more out to thaw for during the week.

2 slices of light wheat bread w dry roasted peanut butter & honey. 1 1/2 turkey sausage links & black coffee

Back
Top Bottom