What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How did you do for Thanksgiving? I hope you didn't :pig: overdo it. :angel:
I ate a lot. :pig: Tried to keep my portions small to start out with & limit the sweets. Got back home on Saturday morning. Have to work most of the weekend. Back to the pool on Monday, will check damage on the scale then, I'm sure the scale will have gone up some.:angel:
Hope your Thanksgiving went well.:angel::angel:

Had English muffin coated with butter infused with chives and parsley, small OJ and coffee tasted wonderful.
kades

I ate a lot. :pig: Tried to keep my portions small to start out with & limit the sweets. Got back home on Saturday morning. Have to work most of the weekend. Back to the pool on Monday, will check damage on the scale then, I'm sure the scale will have gone up some.:angel:
Hope your Thanksgiving went well.:angel::angel:

The major part of your battle is that you know when you overdo it. And you are consciously aware of what you are doing and trying all the time. The scale will probably only show a pound or two at most. You have been there before. Just keep trying.

I had a really nice holiday. Thank you for asking. :angel:

1/2 banana nut muffin, black coffee & a small bowl of cereal w milk.

Hitting the gym/pool hard this week! : )

I am afraid to eat. Every thing I look at has some grease in it. Maybe just a plain piece of bread. Between the diabetes and gall bladder diets, I just may lose more weight. :angel:

It amazes me that you are able to eat ONLY a half of a muffin. Now that is control! :angel:
The muffins are pretty large. Today I was pretty bad having a large, leftover caramel roll:pig:. All of this Christmas baking is driving me nuts! So much good stuff to try & avoid!:angel::angel:

Mmmmmm. Comfort food breakfast for us today.

We had fried cornmeal mush with butter and white Karo syrup. It fried up perfectly and was crispy and crunchy on the outside and hot and smooth on the inside. Juice and coffee completed the meal.

2 slices of light wheat bread w dry roasted peanut butter & honey with greek yogurt, and black coffee.

2 slices of light wheat bread w dry roasted peanut butter & honey with greek yogurt, and black coffee.

Is this breakfast getting you through the morning? I know this is a busy time of year for you and you are putting in more work hours. Are you tiring quicker than you would normally? :angel:

Mmmmmm. Comfort food breakfast for us today.

We had fried cornmeal mush with butter and white Karo syrup. It fried up perfectly and was crispy and crunchy on the outside and hot and smooth on the inside. Juice and coffee completed the meal.

My mother used to make that. I tried once, but my cornmeal mush did not get solid enough to slice for frying. I think I didn't cook it long enough. What do you think?

My mother used to make that. I tried once, but my cornmeal mush did not get solid enough to slice for frying. I think I didn't cook it long enough. What do you think?

Great question!

I have the same problem, I would love to be able to make some nice thin crisp slices of fried mush with a drizzle of maple syrup. When I try to fry it my mush returns to a nasty greasy mushiness, what am I doing wrong? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom