What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the similarities between us continue to grow. When I was at sea while in the U.S. big-Grey-Canoe Club, floating around on aircraft launching canoes, DW would send me a care package containing my, at the time, four favorite candy bars, along with other goodies. These were Cadbury Fruit and Nut, Caramellow, Cadbury DairyMilk, and Cadbury Dark. They are still among my favorites. I don't eat them for breakfast though, and rarely eat candy now (heavy sigh).

Been eating poached eggs with toast and bacon lately, though today was oatmeal.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Oh, c'mon. Any 2 drop dead gorgeous, intelligent, and funny guys like us are likely to crave Cadbury bars. Stop being so modest.

Writing about my high-heat scrambled eggs, as well as seeing a post about grits on another forum made me crave both, so I dug the stone-ground grits out of the freezer, made my eggs, and nuked some bacon. Yes, I microwave bacon when I'm cooking just 1 or 2 pieces. I much prefer pan cooked, but I'm not going to mess up a pan and the stovetop for just a couple of pieces. Only made half a recipe of the grits so have enough for another meal.

picture.php

See how fluffy and glisteny my high-heat eggs are.

Actually, it's only 1 egg, but writing egg, instead of eggs, just looks wrong.

Last edited:
It's weird but lately, instead of seeing people's pictures, sometimes I just see an icon labeled GIF. I don't know if it's related to the new DC mobile app or something else.

I have eggs for breakfast almost every single day, so I don't post many breakfast photos. I tend to prefer them either scrambled or as an omelet. Usually it just depends on how early in the day it is. If it's closer to lunch time, like today, then I have an omelet.

So here's today's breakfast omelet, stuffed with spinach and cream cheese. I also flavored the eggs with a pinch of truffle salt. Something about the flavor of truffles with eggs is a great combination.

img_1501235_0_4df0ba71a97614aeb99aa9857bff980c.jpg

Last edited:
ooh, eggs and truffle salt, I'll have to try that Steve!

Made two different brunch plates today...

001.jpg

I didn't finish my scramble and a piece of turkey sausage the other day, so for myself, I reheated the leftovers and added them to a flour tortilla with shredded cheese and some salsa

002.JPG

For DH, TJ's Smoked trout (cold), scrambled eggs, diced tomatoes and rye toast, dry please... none for me, I'm allergic to trout for some reason :neutral:

... and as to bacon, I like to roast mine in the oven, WAY less mess everywhere

bacon.jpg

I like Kirkland Brand (Costco) thick center cut bacon, and not too crisp please

Last edited:
Oh man, I could go for smoked trout and eggs, K-girl.

A little diner in Phoenecia, N.Y. got me hooked on the combo :rolleyes:. It's right in the middle of some great trout fishing, so their smoked trout and eggs, especially the omelette is outstanding.

I like to stop along the little roadside stands in the spring and buy the local fishermen's smoked trout on our way hime from skiing. It never lasts more than a day or two.

Anyway, brekkie is Taylor HAM, eggs over easy, and 'murican cheese on seeded wholegrain bread.

Attachments

• 0227171008.jpg
    0227171008.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 136
Lol, yeah, just 2 slices on 2 eggs, 2 slices of cheese.

I'm trying to eat less before I go to sleep in the morning.

We went out for breakfast as usual and the place had tres leches (3 milk) pancakes as their special, so that's what I had. No syrup needed for this one. They boast that they have the best pancakes in town. They were pretty darn good, obviously had buttermilk in them. The tres leches part was in the butter spread. For those that don't know, tres leches cake is a Latin milk cake using sweetened condensed milk, evap milk and whole milk mixed together with vanilla and soaked into either a rich yellow cake or a rich sponge cake. It is frosted with whipped cream so technically it's a 4 milk cake, but, hey, whatever floats your boat as far as naming. For the butter spread, they whipped the butter and whipped in the milks somehow. I'm guessing they must have cooked them down slowly, cooled, then whipped in the butter. Regardless of how they did it, the pancakes were good. I had to leave the last few bites, just couldn't finish.

A few days ago I was looking in the freezer for a vegetable for one of our sides for dinner and came across a vacuum-sealed package of ring blood sausage. Omigosh! Sausage/piggy heaven for me for breakfast. So I put it in the fridge to thaw for this morning's breakfast.

Glenn can take it or leave it, mostly leave it, so it was all mine. Only ate half, along with some homemade bread toast and strawberry jam. I made an omelet for Glenn and some bacon. We chased our breakfasts down with fresh orange juice and coffee. I was definitely stuffed and happy to know I can revisit the sagey, spicy flavor tomorrow.

Took my visiting daughter over to my ex's & his girlfriend's home where they prepared an old-time breakfast fry-up for us. With bacon, sausage, eggs, tomato, onion and potatoes with toast. Coffee/tea. Delish! oops, almost forgot my ex always has to have baked beans as well.

His new choice in beans is now 'Bush's'. Can't get any variety of them here, but in the States, as he brings cars back, he has a grand time picking up various ones to try. I like beans but this one was just too sweet! :wacko:

Sounds like a fun morning, dragn - it's nice when ex's get along.

Joey...yummy looking strawberry smothered waffle! :yum:

I had an asparagus, onion, and red bell stuffed omelet. The outside edges were a little dry, but it was still very good. Perfectly done in the middle - good enough for me, I was starving. :chef::LOL:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 99
Good lookin (sounding too) stuff everybody! Cheryl that omelet looks just fine to me!
I had a kitchen fail, very disappointing!
I made a point of getting early so that I could make Chocolate Fudge Cake Doughnuts Recipe | King Arthur Flour
002.JPG

004.JPG

003.JPG

001.JPG
WAY too tender, they fell apart in your hand.
So I pitched them out (they really didn't taste very good either) and pulled out some diced Ham that I had in the meat bin of the `fridge.
As I opened the package, I was accosted by a horrific aroma :yuk: ACK!
So out that went!
Fail #2
I then found some sliced Ham for sandwiches and figured that'd have to do.
Diced, fried and made into an omelet with some cheese for good measure.
DH was munching away, happily...STOP! He pulls one of my hairs out of his mouth...
Fail #3
He puts his fork down and takes me by the hand as says ...
"Why don't we just go out to breakfast. You're not having a good morning."
HA! :LOL:

Sorry for the fails, kgirl....when it rains it pours! :LOL::wub: Glad you got to go out to breakfast....although those doughnuts really did look good from the pics. :yum:

Sometimes the consequences make up for the fails, Kgirl.
On the plus side you made me grin and chuckle, although at your expense. :flowers:

Lost 4.5 lbs! :clap: but came to a standstill over the weekend with a gang here on Sat. and out for brekky Sun. I guess it is back to watching watching... maybe I'll have my standard English Muffin with 1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter.
Frugal but seems to work. Maybe a hard boiled egg for lunch. Sigh... not much but I haven't been raving hungry.

Sounds like a fun morning, dragn - it's nice when ex's get along.

Joey...yummy looking strawberry smothered waffle! :yum:

I had an asparagus, onion, and red bell stuffed omelet. The outside edges were a little dry, but it was still very good. Perfectly done in the middle - good enough for me, I was starving. :chef::LOL:

Wow, that looks really good !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom