What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! Easy and certainly sounds delish!

Get your hands on some Sechuan Pepper to add. LOL that'll give it a twist. It's my new craze, love that stuff. Tingly numbly.. not super peppery, just right!

I've mixed both green and black (or sometimes they refer to it as red) One is perfumey and the other numblier.

Creamed eggs are easy to make, just shred about a half dozen hard boiled eggs then make a milk and flour slurry and add to the eggs as if you were making a gravy. We do this every year for Easter breakfast but have so many eggs this year had it again today. I add lots of freshly ground black pepper to mine, at the table. Today I used some toasted stale English muffin but usually use toasted white bread. Now I want to do this with sausage or burger. :pig:

Add about four table spoons of butter, too, about the same measure as the flour.

I'm liking Aleppo pepper now and believe it's coming from Turkey.

I haven't found Aleppo pepper anywhere yet. Guess I have to make a trip into the big city. It is one disadvantage living out in the boon-docks.

It's available at most online spice websites, dragn. I got mine from a trip to Penzeys a while back.

...I'm liking Aleppo pepper now and believe it's coming from Turkey.
Have you tried it with roasted carrots yet? We love those with the Aleppo! I just scrub or peel the carrots, cut in half, then cut the top half in half lengthwise, toss with some OO and the Aleppo pepper to taste. Roast in 400 oven for about a half hour, stirring once or twice. If you have something in there on 325 or 350, toss them in and just cook a bit longer till done. So freaky-good! :yum:

My few attempts to order spices on line come to an end with the shipping costs.
Unless I order a ton of things I don't need to go along with it.

I was about to go ahead and order that sechuan pepper until suddenly finding it at the Asian grocery. But the online shipping was more than the pepper.

So I'm pretty sure I know where I can get some Aleppo but it isn't a place where I go very often.

I'll have to look on Amazon next time. World Spice Market in Seattle gets US$5.00 an ounce. We have lots of Asian markets close by and will get some Szechuan pepper. We use a lot of white pepper, too, which has a bite.

I just finished off the last of the creamed egg on an English muffin, added the Aleppo pepper, and it was excellent. Thanks for the heads up. I may need a ranitidine, though. :ermm:

Today was creamed eggs on toasted English muffins. It's like an egg version of SOS. The creamed eggs were made with last week's hardboiled Easter eggs.

Last week there was a lot of Egg SOS. Along with egg salad. Spike has a friend who is Greek. It seems that everyone at the dinner table on Easter gets a dyed red HB egg. And then there are the eggs for the hunt. More than three dozen eggs in all. Spike gladly takes them off her hands and shares some with me. I had forgotten about Eggs SOS. I nibble on them with a little salt for a snack.

The Red Egg at Easter is a Slovak tradition, too. Our parish is mostly Polish and Slovak descendants, and the previous pastor would have baskets full of the eggs at each Mass so everyone in attendance could take one home. If you went to the second Mass on Easter Sunday you either lucked out and took home a windfall or lost out because the eggs were gone.

The Red Egg at Easter is a Slovak tradition, too. Our parish is mostly Polish and Slovak descendants, and the previous pastor would have baskets full of the eggs at each Mass so everyone in attendance could take one home. If you went to the second Mass on Easter Sunday you either lucked out and took home a windfall or lost out because the eggs were gone.

I was at first apprehensive about removing the shell. So often folks dye them and the dye colors the eggs inside. A total turnoff for me. Colored eggshells, fine. No so with colored eggs inside.

A slice of 1000 day old Gouda, a chunk of Old Wisconsin brand Pate (liverwurst if you ask me). a slice of nicely ripe cantaloupe, and a glass of cold milk to wash everything down. Oh, and because I'm a bad boy, I ate a Vienna. in the natural casing hot dog too, Koegle's of Michigan, some of the best hot dogs you can get, with Michigan's high hot dog standards. There are a few things that Michigan did right. We have, by law, the highest hot dog quality standards in the nation.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Wow...that looks delicious, kgirl. I could definitely go for that. :yum:

Breakfast here this morning was a scrambled egg, a slice of toasted rye, a glass of iced tea, and coffee.

There's this place we started going to in our breakfast rotation about 4 months or so ago. They have really good pancakes. No idea what they do, but they are really good. I absolutely love their tres leches pancakes. Well, this weekend, their special pancake was oreo. So, I asked if we could go there today, it's a bit of a drive. I figured they would be crumbled up oreos in their regular pancakes, but I still wanted to try them. Not so much! Thank really good hot chocolate made into 2 pancakes with a sort of oreo flavored creamy rich filling in the middle and you have...

qks_dCJdphCMD6F08AxvQpJJqc7AjHPgF_dnYV9dbYwpX92IB

I only managed to eat half, but you can bet tomorrow's breakfast will be the rest. Craig said he could smell the chocolate from across the table.

On Sundays I do brunch. Today I will start with a strawbwerry, peach and pineapple salad with poppy seed dressing, followed by Huevos Rancheros Especiale with chorizo, salsa picante, and garnished with queso fresco, guacamole and Crema Mexicana. Sides will be Bush's Frijoles a la Mexicana and arroz amarillo Mexicano and the beverages will be bottomless mimosas and coffee.

Recipes available upon request

Last edited:
I do smoothies in the morning - frozen fruit, spinach, protein powder, water. Blending it together, you can't even taste the spinach and I'm getting way more produce than what I would normally eat in one meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom