What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question... intolerance due to causing tummy problems or just don't like eggs now?

I ask because my 50 something daughter has had tummy problems with eggs for the past couple of years.. Didn't have a problem for the first 50 years of her life.. :(

Ross

Don't know about you guys, but my doc told me that after a certain point in our lives, eggs do not agree with our tummys and should be avoided egg yolks. Pretty much like babys, no eggs for the first year.
Both DH and I had found that we can handle scrambled eggs or over medium/hard, but sunny side up or over easy eggs are not good to our stomachs.

Don't know about you guys, but my doc told me that after a certain point in our lives, eggs do not agree with our tummys and should be avoided egg yolks. Pretty much like babys, no eggs for the first year.
Both DH and I had found that we can handle scrambled eggs or over medium/hard, but sunny side up or over easy eggs are not good to our stomachs.

Yes... My daughter told me that it is more common than she first thought.. Poor baby... She loves sunny side up and soft scrambled eggs... :(
I am sooooo happy that I can eat anything I like... Lots of my geezer friends cannot...

Ross

After having chickens and geese for numerous years - specifically for eggs - I suddenly developed an intense tummy problem with eggs. I stopped eating them for several years and have now found they are again acceptable.

to the point of gorging myself on a couple of occasions (embarrassing but true) I can now eat them boiled, deviled, scrambled, fried, poached or baked on a 'cloud', you name it, I can eat it.

At the moment my favourite breakfast is a poached egg on toast. I savor every bite slowly with a smile on my face. The yolk on the toasted bread is heaven and the white, so soft and tender, ahhhh, heaven, I missed them so much.

Once in a while I will slice and fry up some mushrooms to slipped between the toast and egg. Maybe some tomato or a bit of cheese but the best remains just the plain poached on the toast.

All this to say... Just Cooking , tell your daughter to not give up hope that perhaps someday the tummy will suddenly change its mind.

Last edited:
Don't know about you guys, but my doc told me that after a certain point in our lives, eggs do not agree with our tummys and should be avoided egg yolks...
I guess I haven't reached that "point" yet. Like Just Cooking, I'm able to eat pretty much anything that I like. Cast iron stomachs, I guess. :D Still, there a couple of foods I eat that necessitate warning Himself not to walk behind me the next day...:ohmy: :LOL:

After having chickens and geese for numerous years - specifically for eggs - I suddenly developed an intense tummy problem with eggs. I stopped eating them for several years and have now found they are again acceptable.

to the point of gorging myself on a couple of occasions (embarrassing but true) I can now eat them boiled, deviled, scrambled, fried, poached or baked on a 'cloud', you name it, I can eat it.

At the moment my favourite breakfast is a poached egg on toast. I savor every bite slowly with a smile on my face. The yolk on the toasted bread is heaven and the white, so soft and tender, ahhhh, heaven, I missed them so much.

Once in a while I will slice and fry up some mushrooms to slipped between the toast and egg. Maybe some tomato or a bit of cheese but the best remains just the plain poached on the toast.

All this to say... Just Cooking , tell your daughter to not give up hope that perhaps someday the tummy will suddenly change its mind.

1st bold... absolutely the best.. :yum:
2nd bold... She has hope that that will happen.. :)

Ross

Question... intolerance due to causing tummy problems or just don't like eggs now?

I ask because my 50 something daughter has had tummy problems with eggs for the past couple of years.. Didn't have a problem for the first 50 years of her life.. :(

Ross

No, I like eggs and have no problems. It's just they taste weird every time I make them. Or even if I go out for breakfast, they also taste weird. Never had this problem back in my Soviet days. Interestingly I do not have that problem eating hard boiled, or soft boiled eggs. :unsure:

I've gotten to the point that I can only eat eggs once in a while. Most of the time just the thought, especially scrambled, which I used to love, causes nausea.

Onto better things, caramel, banana, pecan french toast. I only made it through 2 pieces.

Attachments

• 2017-10-01 11.42.41.jpg
    2017-10-01 11.42.41.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 98
Out, tried another new place since we were on an expedition to find the seafood for dinner.

And it was as good as it looks FYI for you and PF. Hopefully, it will.be almost as good for breakfast in the a.m., I hope the bananas don't turn, I covered them well in the caramel.

Your fritatta looks great. We just.normally like to go out for breakfast and/or lunch once or twice a week when neither of us is working.

Last edited:
This morning I had rooty tooty fresh & fruity buckwheat pancakes with mixed berries and whipped cream, two basted eggs, four breakfast snausages, coffee and mimosas

Could someone please tell me what eggs over easy and eggs over medium are? Thanks. We don’t ose expressions over here.

For breakfast today I just had cereal called Oatibix - similar to Weetabix - followed by tomato on toast with a cup of peppermint tea.

We don’t usually go out for breakfast, but for a couple of weeks running we attended breakfast events at our church.

At the first one there was granola, yogurt, fruit compote, pancakes, maple syrup, bacon and banana bread, so we picked what we wanted. There were more people at the second event and everyone was served sausages, bacon, tomato and soda bread, all fried. I don’t normally eat sausages or bacon or anything fried, fir health reasons, but I reckoned a one off would do no harm.

Gillian

Could someone please tell me what eggs over easy and eggs over medium are? Thanks. We don’t ose expressions over here.

For breakfast today I just had cereal called Oatibix - similar to Weetabix - followed by tomato on toast with a cup of peppermint tea.

We don’t usually go out for breakfast, but for a couple of weeks running we attended breakfast events at our church.

At the first one there was granola, yogurt, fruit compote, pancakes, maple syrup, bacon and banana bread, so we picked what we wanted. There were more people at the second event and everyone was served sausages, bacon, tomato and soda bread, all fried. I don’t normally eat sausages or bacon or anything fried, fir health reasons, but I reckoned a one off would do no harm.

Gillian
Over easy and over medium refers to the density of the cooked egg yolk.. I like mine over easy which means that the yolk is fluid when cut into.. Some like theirs over medium which simply means that the yolk is more solid.. Other like them over hard which means that the yolk is just about solid..

Ross

Last edited:
We were running low on potatoes today so we only had half of what we usually eat with our sausage and tomatoes for breakfast today. We supplemented that with two blueberry mini muffins.

There was even more frosting. I've learned to order it on the side. That's a full size plate BTW.

Attachments

• 2017-11-04 22.43.30.jpg
    2017-11-04 22.43.30.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom