What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't really been cooking a lot lately. Trying to get out of my slump.

So starting with breakfast... here's today's, was rather tasty...

my own eggs (2 eggs c a Tbsp of 35%), tarragon, thyme, parsley and mini tomatoes. (LOL not the mushrooms or orange). Used goat butter in the pan.

Attachments

• 20190725_084052.jpg
    20190725_084052.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 20190725_084716.jpg
    20190725_084716.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 96
Mad Cook - LOL you are definitely NOT weird! I often have Grape Nuts with blueberries and milk for a late supper. Or a mid-afternoon snack.

DH had an early morning PT appointment,
so we went out to breakfast at a fairly new cafe
only a coupla blocks away.

IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

I had what they call the Farm Boy Omelette,
it's fully loaded with everything but the
kitchen sink, served with potatoes and either
toast or a muffin.

DH had the Pancake Breakfast.
2 Pancakes, 2 eggs and 2 Sausage

THAT was enough food for us two to have
breakfast TWICE!! :LOL:

Hi, CG. I've not had email access for over a year due to breach of contract on the behalf of the supplier. (If anyone lives in the United Kingdom and is tempted by "TalkTalk's" TV ads beware!!) I had an intermittent service for two weeks after I signed on and then nothing. Letters sent by post to the head office and CEO and emails to the "help line"(hollow laugh!) and other email addresses were returned "Undeliverable".

Then I cancelled the direct debit with my bank and TT got really cross with me and started threatening me! I consulted the local branch of Citizens' Advice Bureau (a free legal advice service which usually scares the pants off "baddies") and I'm acting on their advice. No reply from TT yet but I'm a woman on a mission! :mad:

I'm now a regular in the local library's computer section. I go in at least once or twice a week. It's free and members can use it out of library hours if they have a pass. So here I am again talking to the "foreigners" (meant in the nicest possible way :angel: )

I hope everyone is well and thriving. Best wishes to all.

Last edited:
Rarely do I do breakfast at home, but today I did an omelet with chorizo, peppers, onion, white american, Cholula Chili lime hot sauce and had a leftover biscuit. Was pretty dang good.

I'm not eating breakfasts for now. I'm trying out intermittent fasting. My window for eating is from 1600 to 0100. Once I get comfortable with this, I will probably skip the fast part on weekends, like my husband does.

I'm not eating breakfasts for now. I'm trying out intermittent fasting. My window for eating is from 1600 to 0100. Once I get comfortable with this, I will probably skip the fast part on weekends, like my husband does.

I'm not certain what "intermittent fasting" is..

I do know that if I skip breakfast, my blood sugar falls lower than I feel is healthy.. Plus.. To me, breakfast kick starts my day.. It may be imagination but, I feel I'm more productive after breakfast..

Ross

I'm not certain what "intermittent fasting" is..

I do know that if I skip breakfast, my blood sugar falls lower than I feel is healthy.. Plus.. To me, breakfast kick starts my day.. It may be imagination but, I feel I'm more productive after breakfast..

Ross

It is something where you don't take in any calories for some amount of time and then eat for a while and then fast some more. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's sort of controversial at the moment. But, there are studies showing that there can be health benefits, mostly related to metabolism, IIRC. I eat as much as I want between 1600 and 1 in the morning. I have a number of friends who are doing this and are happy with the results. Most people use a smaller "eating window", but a recent study indicated that people could get the benefits even with a window for eating as long as 10 hours per day. Some people do intermittent fasting by eating every other day and other variations.

It's probably not ideal for everyone. I seldom want to eat breakfast, certainly not for several hours after I wake up, so it seemed sort of natural for me.

Thank you for explaining that, taxlady.. It seems an interesting concept.. :)

We eat breakfast and, usually, an early supper.. I also have a snack 3 or 4 times throughout the day.. I suppose my non-calorie time is between bed time and 1st coffee, in the morning.. My weight and blood sugar levels don't fluctuate much so, I suppose its working for me..

Ross

Last edited:
DH made eggs Benedict for me this morning :wub: I told him to use a Knorr's packaged Hollandaise sauce and the poached eggs were excellent. We had talked about it, but it was a surprise that he made them today. Not bad for a first effort, eh?
0802191033.jpg

Looks pretty darn good there, GG! How sweet of the Mister to make you something that he knows you love, while you're recovering. :wub:

I understand completely, JC ... I don't normally eat breakfast, just a pint of coffee and a can of V-8, enhanced.... that morning I was up at four;
Made that breakfast about 9:30, so I guess it really counts as lunch...

Back
Top Bottom