What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fried Rice

IMG_20191015_091416318.jpg

Fried rice kcal.jpg

10-15 Breakfast Macro Targets.jpg
Nutrition information from Cronometer.com

Last edited:
I've been making Cream of Wheat a few times a week for my breakfast, trying to get more iron and other nutrients into my diet. I had a bowl of it this morning, along with a couple of Cuties. I remember my mom making it for us as kids and we loved it back then...it took me a few tries to like it again. :)

Savory Breakfast Porridge and Egg

After measuring the grain, discovered the milk was curdled so quick change to savory. Turned out pretty good. Won't replace grits, my normal savory porridge, but pretty good nonetheless.
Savory Breakfast Porridge.jpg

10-21 savory porridge and egg.jpg

A winning combination. As long as you keep the syrup away from the bacon!

Was at my son's place once when they prepared bacon roasted/baked with syrup. I sorta turned my nose up at it but they convinced me to try.

It was delicious!

Go see Dr. Google, there are many recipes out there.

The "Girls" are being kind and providing me with enough eggs so I can indulge in one of my favourite breakfasts. My version of kimchee soup to which I add black beans, chick peas, a bit of dill pickle juice, fresh cabbage, carrots,diced potatoes, onion, garlic, tomatoes, more of the Korean chili paste. Once the soup is hot, I slide two eggs in to poach. I top this with kimchee yogurt, a bit of chopped carrot tops, lime zest. For lunch, I add Chard to the leftover soup, and for supper, I add Isreali cous-cous. Yup, I eat this all day. I can't get enough of it...think I will heat up a bowl now...just gotta leave enough for breakfast tomorrow. Love that there are still cabbage, Chard, Kale, carrots, beets, and potatoes in the garden.

Last edited:
I have my new creatio, stuffed pancakes, in the oven right now
If it comes out great, I'll open a thread and share the recipe, and what I've learned in makig them. If it didn't work, i'll tell what went wrong.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Made stuffed pancakes. This is a new creation I've been playing with in my head. I made a blueberry compote for th filling, and my pancace recipe. I plCed4 tsp. Of batter for each pancake, and cooked the on the griddle intil bibblrs begN popping on to. I then placed 3 tbs. Of the compote spread over most of the top. I the flipped the other pancakes. Uncookrd side insode, on top of the first pancakes. I transfered the stuffed pancakrs to a cookie sheet and popprd the into a 325' oven, where they baked for 25 minutes.

They were good, but not what I'd expected. They were pancake shaped, but the texture was that of a biscuit.. the edgrs were crunchy. The filling eas spot on. But the pNcakrs just weren't as ligh and delicate as I'd hoped. I thing my bleberry burito, a creation made with crepes, with berry compot as the filling, and the crepe folded like a burrito is much nicer. Though the stuffed pancake was good enough, it didn't mesure up to my expectatios. I probably won' make these again,.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

As usual this Sunday morning, we had SC's glorified Lox and Bagels. I guess he's now added another layer to our perfect Sunday breakfast with French Pressed coffee with light cream. :wub: Ohmygosh...just soooo delicious.

Made my first batch of oatmeal for this coming season. Guess those foggy and chilly mornings are being felt.

Blob of butter and blob of brown sugar... d'best!!! :wub:

As a kid we had creamed chipped beef on toast fairly regularly. My dad liked it, and so did we. Occasionally, I would grab a pack of the Stouffer's frozen version of it, but it was never as good as I remembered.

I thought about making it from scratch, but the local market does not carry the Budding beef or the dried beef most recipes recommend (which I hear is way too salty anyway).

Recently, I discovered Hillshire Farms thin cut pastrami in the sandwich meat section. A simple blond roux, some milk, salt, and this stuff sliced into half inch ribbons was Nirvana... all in about ten minutes.

Last edited:
As a kid we had creamed chipped beef on toast fairly regularly. My dad liked it, and so did we. Occasionally, I would grab a pack of the Stouffer's frozen version of it, but it was never as good as I remembered.

I thought about making it from scratch, but the local market does not carry the Budding beef or the dried beef most recipes recommend (which I hear is way too salty anyway).

Recently, I discovered Hillshire Farms thin cut pastrami in the sandwich meat section. A simple blond roux, some milk, salt, and this stuff sliced into half inch ribbons was Nirvana... all in about ten minutes.
I loved sos in boarding school. Toast cut into cubes with chipped beef in white gravy. Sometimes make it with Armour Dried Beef. Pastrami sounds good. Will definitely try it. Armour is salty, just don't salt your white sauce.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom