What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do the same thing, make a full pot of oatmeal, have my first serving and the rest gets divided.

Have it with fruit of some sort, usually blueberries and/or banana, brown sugar, sometimes molasses and.... butter! (no milk)

Not everyday,

try to vary it with Shreddies plus a handful of Grape Nuts (when I can get them, not available in my neck of the woods) topped with aforementioned fruit and just milk (no sugars)
or
then eggs, generally poached, on toast - with almost anything in the fridge.
Yesterday was an an omelette with sauteed mushrooms, a few leftover long green beans and onion gravy down the centre and folded over, crepe style. Delish

this morning - probably some oatmeal.

Vegetables, Eggs, and Tofu

IMG_20200116_095053196.jpg

Breakfast 2020-01-16 093125.jpg

Pork Loin, Fried Potato, and Egg

Big breakfasts the last couple days but the daily calorie totals have been unsustainably low. Nonetheless, I'm so close to breaking 200lbs. I can taste it.
IMG_20200120_081712238.jpg

Breakfast 2020-01-20 085635.jpg

Way Outside My Wheelhouse

Omelet - Scallion, tomato, and feta cheese.
Salad - Tomato, feta, strawberry, and blueberry with lemon yogurt dressing.
IMG_20200121_072541718.jpg

Breakfast 2020-01-21 074757.jpg

Yesterday it was a delicate French omeler, enhanced with a shaving of seriously sharp cheddar, and thin-sliced celery, salt, and pepper. Today was a thick slice of yeasty home-made white bread, toasted, and slathered with a cream cheese/raspberry jelly spread I'd just made.

I love French omelets. They are about celebrating the delicate flavor of the egg, where the American omelet is a celbration of the omelet fillings. As the egg is just barely cooked through with a French omelet, the flavor is more subtle, and to me, satisfying. With the cream chese/rasperry spread, the tartness of both the raspberry jam, and the cream cheese, is buffered by hte sweetness of the jam, and when put on very good toasted bread, well, it is a pleasure on the palate.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My favorite breakfast is 2 eggs over easy corn beef hash and wheat toast which is usually on Sunday. Every other day is usually, toast or a muffin but lately been making these bars. Mix them up - I press them into a 11 x 7 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Press the really firm. Refridge for at least a few hours, then remove from pan and cut into desired size bars. Store in a container in fridge. I grab one or 2 and my coffee and Im good till lunch.
2 cups of Oats
1 cup rice krispies
1/2 cup ground flax seed
3 tbl Chia seeds
1 cup dried cranberries ( or dried fruit of your choice)
1 cup peanut butter ( I use smooth style )
1/4 cup honey
I mix it all together with my hands and rubber gloves
I have also added mini chocolate chips when making for grandkids
if using like dried apricots chop them up small.
good for a snack bar also

Letscook, that sounds like something that my grands would really like. :yum:

This morning's breakfast was a skillet stir fry again....chopped potatoes, bell pepper, shallot, and eggs. A little bit of soy sauce mixed in. Sliced mango for a side.

I've had the "meanest onos" (very hungry for in 'local speak' back home in Hawaii :LOL:) for Eggs Benedict and Mimosa

I was at our local Mega-mart deli getting some lunchmeats, when I spied the Canadian Bacon (don't understand why it's called that, but there you go).

:idea: Why haven't I made this at home?

DH: EWWWW, that's creamy, I don't like creamy (please add the sound of a whiny 10 year Boy for the proper effect)

On our most recent Road Trip, he ordered Bennies with the Hollandaise Sauce on the side for moi :wub: I put it all over my Hash Browns

IMG_4791.JPG

Anywhos, long story … this is what we had for Sunday Brunch

IMG_5346.jpg
his

IMG_5347.jpg
MINE!

IMG_5348.jpg
… more sauce please ;)

I did feel like making an entire recipe of scratch Hollandaise, so I found that packaged stuff … I didn't think that it would be that good, but it was okay really.

IMG_5349.jpg

It's says that it will yield 8 servings :huh:
I made up a half recipe and got only 1 1/2 :ohmy:
Oh and I forgot the Mimosa, I was so excited for the Bennies :ROFLMAO:

HAPPY SUNDAY ALL!!

Back
Top Bottom