What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oatmeal

IMG_20200730_120649679.jpg
Breakfast Porridge 2020-07-30 121705.jpg
Breakfast Macros 2020-07-30 121924.jpg

I Found a new item at the market in the cold case:
Pillsbury™ Filled Crescents

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6175.jpg
note the sliced Turkey Sausage to try and make it healthy ;)

A bit on the sweet side for us; don't think I'll buy this again, not a $2.84USD + tax. We only ate 2 of them and took the rest, still warm btw, next door.
I'm wondering if they've clued in next door yet that they're getting my rejects? :LOL:

IMG_6196.jpg

Our local Donut Food Truck FINALLY came back out!
(They have a brick&mortor as well, but a 40 min. drive away in town)
Apple Fritters the size of our dinner plates!
My eyes were bigger than both of our stomachs,
and I bought FOUR of these behemoths and wound up
shared two with Mr&Mrs NextDoorNeighbor, they
had not tried this shop as yet ... we've made the shop
a new lifelong customer :LOL:

Lately, I've been really into making "slow cooked" scrambled eggs -- I put a pot on low heat, crack the eggs with some butter while the pan is still cold, and stir frequently to prevent sticking.

But what's been fun about it is I've been incorporating a bacon vinaigrette and sharp cheddar cheese right before serving.

It's the perfect topping for sourdough toast because it is so rich.

It's got me hungry just thinking about it. I might go make it right now :)

We had blueberry lemon pie for a treat breakfast this morning. I figured if we do donuts occasionally, why not break into the pie that took too long to cool last night? It was a bit runny and needs a little tweaking, but it was still delicious! 20200802_080154.jpg

I made something this morning, that is not traditional, by any means, but I promise, it would wake anybody up!:ROFLMAO:

I made a favorite dip of mine - a Yucatan type pumpkin seed dip, but I used butternut squash seeds, instead. The original recipe only has 3/4 c of pumkin seeds, plus some tomatoes, cilantro, and chives, plus one pan roasted habanero - they love their habaneros in Yucatan! When I make it, I stretch it with a can of beans - whatever I have on hand at the time, and today it was a can of black beans, yet with only one frozen chocolate habanero, and is still very hot.
Some pumpkin seed dip, but made with butternut seeds instead. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I found out early on that the squash seeds that still have the shells have even more flavor than the usual hulled pumpkin seeds. But before I had the Vitamix, I had to sift them, to get the large pieces of shells out.

Mussels from a couple of days ago. Split with one freezer ready meal in a bag - (sauce+mussels+pasta, all separate)

and one for breakfast

Attachments

• 20200803_100230.jpg
    20200803_100230.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200803_100354.jpg
    20200803_100354.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 97
Sunday Brunch - Biscuits with sausage gravy, basted eggs, Country Hash Brown Potatoes, mimosas, and espressos. I intend to ask the president to fly over my kitchen and declare it a Federal disaster area so I can apply for Superfund relief money to clean it up.

Lately, I've been really into making "slow cooked" scrambled eggs -- I put a pot on low heat, crack the eggs with some butter while the pan is still cold, and stir frequently to prevent sticking.

But what's been fun about it is I've been incorporating a bacon vinaigrette and sharp cheddar cheese right before serving.

It's the perfect topping for sourdough toast because it is so rich.

It's got me hungry just thinking about it. I might go make it right now :)

These days, I only cook scrambled eggs "low and slow." I go for about medium low on the stove, and stir a lot. It makes such creamy eggs. I've never tried incorporating any kind of vinaigrette. Sounds interesting, though.

CD

Spam Brunch 1 .jpg

A "local-style" (reads as from Hawaii local ;)) favorite
Crispy pan-fried Spam® with scrambled Eggs,
steamed White Rice and of course Aloha™ brand Shoyu (Soy Sauce)
with a sprinkle of Furikake on top
:yum:
The only thing missing was a glass of POG aka Passion Fruit-Orange-Guava juice to wash it all down with .. ONO (delicious in Hawaiian) !!!

Wednesday's Brunch

IMG_6231.jpg

Straight from Hawaii, Miko Brand Scottish Bangers

IMG_6228.jpg

with a Hard Boiled Egg
diced Mini San Marzano Tomatoes
(oh, and a side dish of sliced fresh Peaches)
and
Sara Lee's new Artisano Brioche Bakery Bread, toasted lightly, no bitter please, after all this is DH's plate! :LOL:

I just love this bread, either one og the three flavors, breads or buns now!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom