What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had some leftover corned beef that inspired me to make corned beef hash for breakfast this morning. Had it with fried eggs on top and toasted homemade bread, along with orange juice and coffee. Needless to say we were very, very sated. The hash recipe was stellar and so easy.

Wanna try it, here it is.

That sounds so delicious Katie!
I have yet to find a breakfast joint here
in cowboyville that makes real Corned Beef Hash!
Ooh, Turkey Hash for Black Friday morning? :yum:

I had another doctor's appointment very early
this morning and couldn't have anything to eat
or drink ... have you ever had to drive somewhere
with NO COFFEE YET! :glare:

So when I got back it was still early enough,
I made Breakfast Croissants.

IMG_0012.jpg

Hard fried Eggs, Ham and Swiss Cheese
:chef:
Orange segments on the side for Moi and
diced Tomatoes for DH... all chased with
my first cup of coffee of the day ... Aaahhh!

I made some breakfast wrapup's this morning.

I start with an omelet of two beaten eggs, some reconstituted (dried) onion flakes in 1/4 C of hot water, 1/4 of a red bell pepper minced up, a couple of cooked breakfast sausage links cut up fine, and 1/3 C cottage cheese. This is seasoned with coarse ground pepper, garlic salt, and to all of this is added about 1/4 cup of water, then it's whisked together until well mixed.

Meanwhile I have a large copper coated skillet on medium high getting hot
and when ready I spray it with some Pam. Then the omelet mixture goes into it.

While it is cooking I microwave four soft Taco wrappers for about 20 seconds just to make them soft and pliable.

Laid out and ready to fabricate with are a bottle of Parkay squeeze margarine, a bottle of salsa, a bag of shredded cheese, and a bottle of hot sauce.

As the omelet is done I take it off the heat and divide it into 4 sections. Place one section into the middle of a Taco wrapper, give it a squeeze of the margarine, spoon in some salsa, sprinkle on some cheese, and roll it
up laying the seam side down.

So this way I can cook once and cover four breakfast meals. When I take one of these out of the fridge and nuke it 20 seconds in the microwave my breakfast is ready for another day. I keep the others in a sealed tupperware dish with wax paper on the bottom to prevent sticking.

I don't eat these every morning but they are handy if I need a "grab it & go" breakfast on a busy morning.

Last edited:
Yesterday and today I will have a turkey, stuffing and lettuce sandwich for breakfast. I LOVE home roasted turkey sandwiches.

Andy... guess you let me know what I will have later today, that looks delish!
My bowl has oatmeal, bananas, brown sugar and butter (a lot :) )
20201220_093705.jpg

Our breakfast/brunch, a salad. Put some garlic in to confit in EVOO last night, then used the cloves in the salad, rendered some bacon at a low temp, then used the fat to cook some shallots, made a dressing with balsamic, S and P, then dressed the arugula with the warm dressing, sprinkled with the bacon pieces and garlic pieces, placed a fried egg on top. Leftover mashies made potato cakes. Different, but good.

Attachments

• 2021-01-13 10.54.33.jpg
    2021-01-13 10.54.33.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 53
Our breakfast this morning, from the fridge where it sat overnight, into the oven, then our plates. Pistachio, mascarpone french toast casserole with pistachio butter and spiced (Carolina reaper powder), candied pistachios. It was good.

Attachments

• 2021-01-17 10.32.43.jpg
    2021-01-17 10.32.43.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom