What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whole wheat blueberry pancakes, using yeast and dehydrated blue berries, baked on parchment. With and without maple syrup.

Planned over blueberry pancakes topped with cooked pink lady apples and raspberries ground up together in a wet/dry coffee grinder to make a sauce. It doesn't get better than fresh raspberries on a summer day.

DD made me birthday breakfast yesterday. Corned beef hash, fried eggs, and avocado.

hash_eggs_080422_img_9889-jpg.51800

I finally found a little pork store that has awesome smoked pork chops!

Breakfast was a smoked pork chop pan-fried in butter and one over easy egg. It was SO good. I haven't been able to get a good bone-in smoked pork chop since Fairway closed. I can't stand those cryo-vac pork chops.

pork_chop_egg_082422_img_9978-jpg.52228

Msmofet, that is one tasty looking breakfast, especially that pork chop.

I'm curious. What is it you don't like about cryovac pork chops?

Msmofet, that is one tasty looking breakfast, especially that pork chop.

I'm curious. What is it you don't like about cryovac pork chops?
Thank you taxy.

I don't think the quality of those cryo-vac chops is good or fresh. They taste like plastic to me.

Fresh smoked bone-in pork chops, especially when they cut them to order (these were cut 3/4 inch thick), smell and taste fantastic. JMHO

Last edited:
Around here I've found a pork producer who delivers with the most amazing flavours - in particular I've had (waay more than once) their smoked pork loin chop. They are fantastically delish!

and all the products are cryovac

msmofet, I agree with you about smoked pork chops. I love simmering them in a covered skillet along with a lot of fresh green beans. Now that local green beans are in season, I need to make a pilgrimage to my butcher about a half hour away.

Brunch today was a western scramble. Eggs with cubed smoked pork chop, diced red pepper, diced onion topped with shredded cheddar. I also sprinkled with hot sauce, and caramelized onion hummus – Not pictured.

western_scramble_082922_img_0003-jpg.52316

We had a couple leftover strips of bacon *gasp* from last night, so I crumbled them into scrambled eggs for breakfast quesadilla. I added sharp American cheese to Himself's. Mine had provolone cheese and avocado.

20220830_145555.jpg

Back
Top Bottom