What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, if Lipitor is one of the no, no meds, looks like I won't be picking up grapefruit. Dang! Well, there is always bananas. And I should check out pears and a few other fruits.:(

I go through spurts with grapefruit. I like to change the fruit for the week occasionally. Oranges, on the other hand, I love to always have around. They are my favorite fruit, but I never met one I didn't like. Sometimes I eat too much in a day/week, and that leads to heartburn. :furious:

I have to admit. Breakfast is my least favorite meal. I think it is because of the heartburn factor. I would rather have orange juice, sausage patty, fried eggs and toast loaded with butter melted into the wheat toast. Every food that will give me heartburn in a nano second. No wonder I am on a massive daily dose of medication for it. It is the cause of having half my stomach removed. :yum:

We had a Hawaiian breakfast before we hit the beach this morning.
Kalua imu pork, fried in patties, topped with fresh pineapple rings.
fried eggs over easy
Fried rice
POG juice (pineapple,orange,guava)

What a memorable delight on the Lani watching the birds taking their morning bath in the Koi pond.

We had a Hawaiian breakfast before we hit the beach this morning.
Kalua imu pork, fried in patties, topped with fresh pineapple rings.
fried eggs over easy
Fried rice
POG juice (pineapple,orange,guava)

What a memorable delight on the Lani watching the birds taking their morning bath in the Koi pond.
Sounds lovely!

Oatmeal with dates & raisins and pecans. Not instant which I do love also but try to avoid because I like to know & control the sugar content.
And coffee but clearly not enough since I'm sitting here burning up my phone battery on DC. Still got the droopy eyes.

Last edited:
Saved myself a few scoops of leftover chili to toss onto a toasted bun with some cheese, topped with a fried egg. It was super-gooey since I left the yolk runny - just the way I like it!

I love runny yolks. :yum:
I LOVE leftover chili (or baked beans) topped with a fried egg and grated cheese for breakfast. Especially like stirring the runny yolk into the chili...

I had a sausage (homemade breakfast)-leek-green pepper-fresh tomato-chopped cilantro-triple-cream brie omelet (the eggs were so fresh they were still WARM). I didn't take pics--messed up the flip. Although it wasn't pretty, it was very tasty. I couldn't eat it all.

Vanilla Bean said:
sounds good, but what is frog jam?

Each letter stands for a flavor :
Fig
raspberry
orange
ginger

Quite complimentary to the French toast.

Addie said:
Is it anything like toe jam? ;)

LOL, good one Addie! No, thankfully it's not - er trust me. I wouldn't have smeared it all over my toast. Mmm! French toast....wish I had a piece right now. I'm Salivating like Homer Simpson for some more.

FluffyAngel said:
Each letter stands for a flavor :
Fig
raspberry
orange
ginger

Quite complimentary to the French toast.

LOL, good one Addie! No, thankfully it's not - er trust me. I wouldn't have smeared it all over my toast. Mmm! French toast....wish I had a piece right now. I'm Salivating like Homer Simpson for some more.

Mmm, Frog jam. Do you make it or buy it, FA?

We have plenty of frogs around, was glad to know they weren't part of the recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom