What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oat & Buckwheat Porridge with Two Eggs

IMG_20200412_070959645.jpg
Breakfast 2020-04-12 071650.jpg

Once sports were no longer on TV, I realized there was this woman sitting on the sofa with me. Turns out she makes great french toast.

Ham & Turkey Stoup?

For a late breakfast/lunch, made this ham and turkey stew without a recipe or even much of a plan, to be honest. Was just thinking of thick soup based real loosely on gumbo. Turned out better than I hoped. Ate two servings with brown rice then a couple hours later had this bowlful, about two cups by itself. Made a quart and a half and ate half of it for lunch.

Forgot to include dried thyme in the ingredient list below. By the way, I use an app made for tracking calories and nutrition for these lists and am limited to ingredients included in certain databases. The pork fat is actually rendered ham fat and the "chicken stock" is much reduced homemade ham stock, mostly from a shank end hambone. If I was gonna make it again for company, as-if, I'd double or triple the fat and flour and replace carrots with sweet red peppers, still including the poblano and serranos.
IMG_20200420_153639169.jpg
Ham & Turkey Stew 2020-04-20 134113.jpg

Leftovers, Turkey Samich, and a Handful of Weeds

I had another serving of yesterday's leftover ham & turkey stew with brown rice plus a turkey sandwich with dandelion salad. By the way, that tiny amount of weed greens from my aquaponic bed provided two-thirds of required Vitamin K and one-third of Vitamin A.
IMG_20200421_085743684.jpg
Breakfast.jpg

I made breakfast in the cast iron skillet today. I diced some onions and peppers and tossed them in the skillet with a little oil, then some diced potatoes atop them. On the other side, I put 6 strips of bacon. When the taters were about done, I cracked 4 eggs in the middle of the skillet and fried them.

Everything was done at the same time. I served it up to the 3 of us, then scrapped the small loose pieces to the side and put them atop my breakfast. Mmmmm, the crispy onion and pepper bits.

I drowned my breakfast in Texas Pete's hot sauce.

Last edited:
First of all, I love zucchini nut muffins. I make them all of the time and keep them in the freezer. But every day, pretty much, I have 2 pieces of raisin toast with a tiny bit of butter and a bowl of berries with nuts. One cup of coffee with half and half. That is it.

Back
Top Bottom