What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We split the final minute steak, gravy, and mashed potatoes, along with the last of the cherries.

For lunch I had a small salad with grilled chicken, black beans, corn & dorothy lynch dressing with a small handfull of nacho cheese bugles crushed up on top.

Spike got home at 8:30 from work today. So he stopped off and got a roast beef plate with a salad. Too tired to cook. Teddy got the roast beef, he got the salad. Geeesh I want to be his dog. :angel:

Yesterday we had grilled sandwiches with imported Italian mortadella and provolone on homemade peasant bread. I'm not real big into processed meats, but for some reason I love mortadella. It reminds me a little of the Oscar Mayer bologna mom used to feed us as kids, but with much better flavor.

Our daughter, who has a summer job working in a grocery store deli, has come to hate when people ask for it. I didn't realize this, but every time they run mortadella through the meat slicer they have to sanitize the entire machine, due to the pistachios in the meat. Food allergies, you know.

Had to try out the new double nonstick omelet pan that I couldn't resist getting from Dining Downloads at half price. It's 2 pans that lock together, and you flip them. You can use them both separately as well.

We had eggs over easy, with toast and ketchup! The pans are probably better suited to omelets, as I broke a couple yolks. Need practice.

We had a catered lunch for a meeting. I had a burger, potato salad, pasta salad, and fresh fruit. It was served outside, and was really quite good, considering all the people they had to serve.

Today's lunch: Rosemary and olive oil flavored Triscuits topped with Havarti cheese, sliced cucumber and tuna salad alongside a homegrown heirloom tomato dressed with evoo, red wine vinegar, s&p and basil chiffonade.

Attachments

• 2013-08-19 15.21.18.jpg
    2013-08-19 15.21.18.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 156
Today's lunch: Rosemary and olive oil flavored Triscuits topped with Havarti cheese, sliced cucumber and tuna salad alongside a homegrown heirloom tomato dressed with evoo, red wine vinegar, s&p and basil chiffonade.

Mmm. My kind of lunch. We like the black pepper Triscuit, haven't tried the rosemary yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom