What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just so happens it was the small Campbell's CN that showed up at a little store here. I do like the noodles. I thought I remembered there being more than 2 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces of carrots in a can.:huh:

There was a company I worked for and a restaurant was on the first floor. They used the Campbell's CNS. One day one of the men in the office found a piece of chicken in his soup. He took it out and brought it downstairs. Told the owner he would need it for the next time. The restaurant owner was not amused. :angel:

A 1/2 baked chicken breast w 1 slice bacon, bbq sauce & swiss cheese on 1/2 slice of honey wheat bread with pickels.

So, since they fed the Nurses yesterday, I figured, why pack a lunch? We ended up with fruit and yogurt parfaits. They were good, but not very filling. I ended up with a package of cup of noodles (from my stash) and an apple.

. One day one of the men in the office found a piece of chicken in his soup. He took it out and brought it downstairs. Told the owner he would need it for the next time. The restaurant owner was not amused. :angel:

:LOL:
I ate at a cafe one time that was usually populated by workers of the blue collar type. One Friday (Clam Chowder day) one of the guys shouted out--- "Take the sign down---- I got the clam!"

Same type of humor. :)

You would probably never go hungry provided you could find enough weddings to crash./QUOTE]
That's my solution for augmenting the little money my SS gives me each month. :LOL:
And I might meet a very wealthy senior citizen who just might want to marry me----- or keep me in the manner to which I'd like to become accustomed!!!

Trouble is, I would never find enough of them (weddings) and in the south, wedding receptions consist of coffee, tea and cake. Hardly worth the trouble. :LOL:
Good luck on finding a wealthy senior! Maybe you settle for a wealthy junior?;)

Cooked up some Ling Ling potstickers we found at Costco. DH is now totally smitten with them, he loved the included sauce as well.

They are addicting. I bought another bag on Monday.

I'm having some pork potstickers from Costco for lunch.

Our Costco does not have pork pot stickers. Only Ling Ling. Chicken and cabbage.
What brand were the pork?

Trouble is, I would never find enough of them (weddings) and in the south, wedding receptions consist of coffee, tea and cake. Hardly worth the trouble. :LOL:
Good luck on finding a wealthy senior! Maybe you settle for a wealthy junior?;)

I doubt a wealthy junior would be able to take my codgerly-ness! There's a reason for juniors not to marry seniors---- unless that senior has one foot in the grave and is VERY wealthy and hasn't changed his will (in favor of a Cat Rescue facility) lately. :LOL:

Our Costco does not have pork pot stickers. Only Ling Ling. Chicken and cabbage.
What brand were the pork?

My Costco only carries the Ling Ling chicken and cabbage ones (usually). They're very good too.

My mistake. They were pork wonton.

We got some Bibigo chicken and cilantro mini wonton from Costco last time, they're really good too. I didn't see any pork in either the potstickers or the wonton selections.

Last edited:
We got some Bibigo chicken and cilantro mini wonton from Costco last time, they're really good too. I didn't see any pork in either the potstickers or the wonton selections.

Chicken and cilantro sounds good. I'll have to see if our Costco carries them.

Chicken and cilantro sounds good. I'll have to see if our Costco carries them.

They are good. We had to get some after trying them as a sample. I fried them first. Next I want to try them in an Asian style chicken soup.

Having some of the CP black beans and rice I made yesterday.

Lunch today is LingLing potstickers in chicken broth, a few green onions, a bit of cilantro and lots of chili oil. (Leftover from last night)

My cooking is severely limited because of a possible tear in the meniscus (a sort of cartilage in the knee.

I had two helpings of the tuna pasta salad I made yesterday. So glad I did that - after spending the morning volunteering at the farmer's market, it was great to have something already made to eat :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom