What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to the monthly Danish Club Luncheon today.

Danish open faced sandwiches and the table setting and last, but not least, real Danish pastry for dessert:

Attachments

• IMG_20150610_130456.jpg
    IMG_20150610_130456.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20150610_132611.jpg
    IMG_20150610_132611.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20150610_132622.jpg
    IMG_20150610_132622.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20150610_130344.jpg
    IMG_20150610_130344.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20150610_140548.jpg
    IMG_20150610_140548.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 153
If you are ever going to be in Montreal on the second Wednesday of the month, let me know, and I'll bring you to the luncheon (but not in November, AGM and members only).
Thanks, taxy, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to go LP's route and learn via youtube. No passport. Maybe I could sneak in? :cool:

Nope, not an option in MA. Looks like it's only border states that have them available.

While poking around online, I did see that there is something called a "U.S. Passport Card" which is less than half-price of a traditional passport. It's not good for airline travel, but it can get us across borders and a Caribbean cruise, if we were ever interested in that. Himself and I have thought of going to Montreal/Quebec sometime before we move back to OH, but we never wanted to spend the $135 each or so for passports. This passport card looks interesting. As a bonus, it would still be usable when/if we get back to OH, whereas a state-issued driver's licence would have to be replaced.

IF we ever do head to Montreal, I'll have to keep the Danish Luncheon schedule in mind. Thanks again for the offer.

I bought some (reduced priced) mixed fish cubes - salmon, white fish, smoked haddock. I usually combine half of it in a parsley cream sauce and have it with mash. (The other half formed into fishcakes for next day).

Today I just placed the fish cubes in a small oven dish with some water and butter, covered and baked in (low shelf) with some cheese baked potatoes I bought. Served with spinach.

I went to the monthly Danish Club Luncheon today.

Danish open faced sandwiches and the table setting and last, but not least, real Danish pastry for dessert:
Oh--wish I could have made it. Unfortunately, I cook for the food photographer on Wednesdays. I haven't figured out how to be in two places at one time.

Today I am test driving a quinoa-zucchini fritter recipe. To make it gluten free, I am subbing quinoa flour for the AP flour in the recipe.

Some fennel sausage with manchego cheese and a fresh garlic loaf from the bakery down the road. The fennel sausage counts as a vegetable, right?

Toasted some cracked freekeh, cooked that. While that was cooking, marinated some firm tofu in an Asian-inspired sauce, pulled together a salad using Swiss chard, radishes, etc., Dumped the freekeh and sautéed tofu on top, used the rest of the marinade as the dressing. It was quite tasty.

I had a leftover pork au poivre chop from my Father's Day dinner so I sliced it thinly and heated it. It made a lovely sandwich on Italian bread with mayo, scallions and pickled jalapeños. Washed it all down with a cold iced tea.

Chicken and mushroom pie. It wasn't worth the calories and I'm looking forward to a lighter healthy evening meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I had some of the Linguini Pescatore that I brought home from Scarolies (Italian resto), topped with grated Romano cheese and lots of black pepper. It tastes wonderful, even reheated.

Back
Top Bottom